Coop Mark I - finished page 5!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Coop Mark I - finished page 5!

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:53 pm

So with our silkies ready to come and live with us :widesmile: we are in quickly build a coop plan so we can get them in the next few days! I decided I wanted a chicken tractor so we can move them around the garden safely in the long term as well as having somewhere to separate new chickens, sick ones etc but somewhere safe and comfy for our baby silkies to live until we get the big coop built (and they'll have to stay in there until we get them intergrated safely with the big girls when we get them).
We have used an Ikea futon frame that I got in the sales for 10 euros :shock: the coop floor was about 6 euros and the wire will come off a 25 metre roll which I'm guessing at this stage will be about 5 euros worth so even with screws and a bit of wood filler (for the pesky holes Ikea put in the wrong spot - we managed to use a few of them :hohoho: ) and stain it is looking like it will come in at under 30 euros!

The top section will be the coop with doors to open to clean and one 1/2 side that will have the chicken mesh plus an opening section that will form a shade verandah and let in lots of air. The entire bottom 1/2 will be in the mesh with an opening and a ramp running up (will be a hole in the floor). Can't wait to see it finished :yahoo:
Image Image

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Chicken tractor / temporary coop.

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:58 pm

My only original plan was to make it 120 wide the same as my veggie beds but decided that we would use the full 140 to give them maximum room, I may live to regret this decision but can sort out something else for over the beds :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:25 pm

Oooooooo ! Looks good ..... Although slightly disappointed that it's not in the shape of a tractor :( :giggle: !

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:51 pm

confusinglady wrote:Oooooooo ! Looks good ..... Although slightly disappointed that it's not in the shape of a tractor :( :giggle: !

Shhhh I thought it was going to be tractor shaped as well

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:56 pm

It's looking fab :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:02 pm

confusinglady wrote:Oooooooo ! Looks good ..... Although slightly disappointed that it's not in the shape of a tractor :( :giggle: !

:hohoho: :hohoho: The tractor bit just means it moves! We can potentially put wheels or skis on it but at this stage it is pretty light so we may not need to.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Remy would love it if it was tractor shaped :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:17 pm

clothmama wrote:Remy would love it if it was tractor shaped :giggle:

I think you ll have to do it now then ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:25 pm

LOL a bit late in the lanning stage - haven't seen any triangular tractors :giggle:

Next

Return to The Chicken Coop