hf1

Chickens

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Chickens

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:40 am

The rooster over the road must we know we are talking about his kin folk, he is giving it big doodle doo's :giggle:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:41 am

We had a pet duck when we lived in Australia but one of the girls I lived with took in a puppy to train it and one night he got out and ate the duck, wasn't a pretty sight!

Don't think my cat would be too happy about having chickens, but it is a really nice idea. Think DH would want to eat them - he used to breed rabbits when he was little for Sunday dinner so doesn't feel sentimental about animals much at all, unlike me :giggle:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:42 am

ewwww! Poor thing.. I've heard of that before.. ow do you fix it? Did the stuff you put in the food put them off it? Mmmm dogs are pretty gross really LOL

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:43 am

ems wrote:ewwww! Poor thing.. I've heard of that before.. ow do you fix it? Did the stuff you put in the food put them off it? Mmmm dogs are pretty gross really LOL

yep it was a liquid (cant remember the name tho now...) and it just made me doo doo smell 'not yummy' :puke: so she didnt eat it :giggle: She was a daft old hound but i sure miss her :cry:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:45 am

gosh.. clever though!!!

I know its gross but I like the fact that the garden is clear of poo.. be it only the chicken poo LOL

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:26 pm

MIL's cats and her chickens get on fine ;)

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:13 pm

the cat from the nabous had a shock when they went for they usale poo as the ckicken chasted them away it was so funny

My avatar
x2008xbabyx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby x2008xbabyx » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Our chickens chase our cats away. One of our cats is quite small, and the Orpingtons we have are almost as big as she is, so I don't blame her for scarpering!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:39 pm

I'd love to have chooks!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Chicken Coop