hf1

New chickens.

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: New chickens.

Postby ems » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:11 am

Well foxes can eat through chicken wire and open eglu doors by nudging the bottom of them lifting the door up and over from the bottom :( All four have gone :( I won't be replacing them till after our next holiday now :( Very very sad :(

My avatar
Popster
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Popster » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:40 am

ems wrote:Well foxes can eat through chicken wire and open eglu doors by nudging the bottom of them lifting the door up and over from the bottom :( All four have gone :( I won't be replacing them till after our next holiday now :( Very very sad :(

:shock:

Eat through chicken wire!!! Wow! I am so, so sorry. Poor hens :( I know foxes often dig under runs (we have chicken wire buried into the ground to try to stop them doing this- but eating through the wire is a whole other level of determined!

Again, I'm sorry your girls have been taken :hug:

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am

ems wrote:Well foxes can eat through chicken wire and open eglu doors by nudging the bottom of them lifting the door up and over from the bottom :( All four have gone :( I won't be replacing them till after our next holiday now :( Very very sad :(

oh no :(

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:03 am

Yup it might as well have been holding wire cutters.. its made a fox sized round hole in the side of the chicken wire.. the pen is above the ground.. they can't dig in as its its on a brick raised bed.. and there is concrete underneath that!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 pm

:shock: So sorry to hear this, foxes are my biggest worry with my new ladies :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Previous

Return to The Chicken Coop