hf1

What offers are considered 'cheeky'?

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: What offers are considered 'cheeky'?

Postby anya1973 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:57 am

zoeyboo wrote:
ebonina wrote:It was your tone, it sounded like you were saying that somebody is thick if they don't do it or want to do it. Or just being a pain in the a@&e. Surely the seller will have to work all this out to actually post it so why should the buyer do it too? They don't have the item, so can only do a rough guess anyway.
How do buyers weigh something they don't have, like clothes and wraps?

I read it that Anya meant for the seller to weigh & work out postage, I don't think she was suggesting the buyer should as this obviously wouldn't be possible.

As I a normally selling various bits and pieces at one, nappies, clothes & toys etc then I find it easier & fairer for a potential buyer to tell me all the things they are interested in so I can bundle them & weigh them, this means they only pay the actual postage rather than over the top because I've added a little on to every item.

I am also far more likely to give a good discount/reduction when someone is buying multiple items, sometimes I'll even offer to cover the postage myself if the buyer is already spending a lot.

Exactly what I meant. Thought I was losing the plot then. Been doing it wrong for years or something. :lol:

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What offers are considered 'cheeky'?

Postby ebonina » Sat May 28, 2011 10:43 am

anya1973 wrote:No, no, no! The buyer doesn't have to do it! The seller would weigh the nappy etc.

I wouldn't expect a buyer to do it! :giggle:

I thought from previous posts about all in prices meant that you expected the buyer to somehow work the extras out :oops: :oops: . Obviously I got the wrong end of the stick, please accept my apology, sorry.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat