hf1

Wee notions high rise or standard

My avatar
3988lisa
Clothie
Clothie

Wee notions high rise or standard

Postby 3988lisa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Looking for some advice on whether to get standard or high rise in the ai2 nappy?anyone have a preference,or know where I should measure from on my daughter?
Thanks Lisa

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Wee notions high rise or standard

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:03 pm

You need to measure as all babies are different. Measure from where you want the nappy to sit on the front (I generally like mine to be just below the belly button) then under the crotch and up to where you want it to sit on the back. All of my children have needed higher rise nappies and they have always grown out of the rise first, never the waist or thighs.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:55 pm

We've always gone for high rise, the Mouse is rather on the tall and skinny side, but I also thought that they would be more cost-effective, as she would be les likely to grow out of the nappy as soon. What size will your daughter need? I'm selling off my stash bit by bit, but I have one HR AI2 left, in large...

My avatar
3988lisa
Clothie
Clothie

Postby 3988lisa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Thats the size I was going to get.lol!do you have a picture?how much do you want?think I will go for the high rise anyway then as she is quite long for her age.x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Dd is tall & skinny & we have always gone high rise

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Yep, always high rise here too. Like Louise I found DD always outgrew the rise rather than the width.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:37 pm

DS has outgrown his standard so I have had to replace with HR which can make it expensive. I'd always go HR now.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat