Help which nappy size

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Help which nappy size

Postby paw foot » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:43 am

Hi

I am getting in a bit of a panic about nappy sizes. I am loving fitted this time round but need more and the more info I read the more confused I am.

My little boy is 17 weeks, he currently weighs 10.12 and is 62cm and skinny.

He currently wears xs oww and not on the second to last popper, xs fitted thirstie velco meets but no longer overlaps, and nb swaddlebees fitted still on first poppers.

I am using thirstie nb wrap and size 1 duo wraps.

He is not a heavy wetter and I like a trim fit.

I would prefer to buy preloved where possible and have a couple of smalls on the way, dnf and swaddlebees but I am thinking they are going to be far too big for him.

Do you think I should buy more nb? Any other trim nappies that might be worth trying.

I have some refolds, pop ins, flips that I am bulking my stash out with but neeeeeeed some more fitted.

Please help :widesmile:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Help which nappy size

Postby clothmama » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:01 am

Sorry Tanya, I am not sure on sizing as it has been a while for me but just wanted to say hi :wave: it is lovely to see you again and congratulations on your new baby!! :yahoo: :love: :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am

Small DnFs are huge! You will probably get on better with XS if the OWWs are still fitting as OWWs are a lot smaller than other nb nappies. We used XS OWW and NB Hollow Oak and Holdens Landing up until about 10lb then moved onto S OWW, XS DnF and S HLs. I only buy WAHM nappies so not sure about other fitteds but a lot of people like Little Lamb size 1 and Diddy Diapers.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:11 am

Peanut's stash is made up of stretchie bamboozles, and teenyfits for all in ones. The stretchies do look like they go up to a good size, but as he's not here yet, I've no idea what weight they'll go up to! I think they go up to 14lbs?

My avatar
paw foot
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby paw foot » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks for the help ladies.

I have just ordered a dnf superhero in xs. My reasoning is I can see if I like them before trying to get a custom slot and the classified section needs some boy fluff,(so I am in actual fact providing a public service by buy it!)

So glad this is my last baby, the nappies just keep getting prettier, I thought having a boy I would be happy just popping him in Daniel's stash but I can see that is not going to be the way.

Back to :bf: and stalking the classified section
:wave: Tory I am never far away just never get the chance to post much, will try harder.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Louise wrote:Small DnFs are huge!

Really? I got three small DnFs off classifieds and they don't look any bigger than my XS sandy's, swaddlebees etc.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Juli wrote:

Really? I got three small DnFs off classifieds and they don't look any bigger than my XS sandy's, swaddlebees etc.

yes they do come up big, yours might be xs as I think, @Louise corret me if I am wrong that Tami doesn't have xs labels so that may explain their size. William is about 13lbs at 11 weeks and I am now putting him into Medium DnF's but they are on the tightest, his smalls are on the second loostst snaps, OWW do come up smaller

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
Juli wrote:

yes they do come up big, yours might be xs as I think, @Louise corret me if I am wrong that Tami doesn't have xs labels so that may explain their size. William is about 13lbs at 11 weeks and I am now putting him into Medium DnF's but they are on the tightest, his smalls are on the second loostst snaps, OWW do come up smaller

Yes, Tami doesn't have XS labels so tends to write an X next to the S but not always and it can get washed off too.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Ah, I see. I did wonder why they were so very small. It doesn't matter, as baby isn't born yet, so I'll just use them with my newborn nappies and then sell them on. It's not like I bought them as a next size up or anything.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat