hf1

Selling cloth nappies at NCT nearly new sales?

My avatar
cara2244
Clothie
Clothie

Selling cloth nappies at NCT nearly new sales?

Postby cara2244 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Does anyone have any experience of selling nappies at NCT nearly new sales?
I have some small Fuzzi Bunz nappies in great condition as my chunky monkey grew so quickly!
I was going to sell them on here but I'm doing a sale next Saturday anyway so I'm wondering whether it's worth putting them in.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Selling cloth nappies at NCT nearly new sales?

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:59 pm

I think you would get more for them selling on here as the majority of people at an NCT sale won't be cloth users sadly. You will pay a % in commission too (our sale is 40% to the NCT).
Anyone buying on here will have to pay postage, but those are fairly small and light so it doesn't cut into what you will get back.

Nothing to stop you doing both though and seeing where they go first.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm doing a neatly new sale next week, wonder if it's the same one, and taking some along if they sell they sell if not I'll pop them back up on PL boards!

@Miss_Purple -Dani 40% jeez that's a lot!! Ours is 25% and I figure it's worth it to avoid having to do a car boot!!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:13 pm

I always found it was really hit and miss selling cloth nappies at the NCT sale, no one really wanted to pay the prices and it was rare to see anyone looking at the cloth nappy table.

I always used to hear expectant couples talking about using cloth and quickly followed by .... we can get the bambino mio birth to potty sets from mothercare!

Great place to pick them up cheap though

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:23 pm

I've got quite a few cloth nappies from NCT sales!
I picked some some bargain brand new totsbots old style popper fastening nappies, wraps & fuzzi bunz in the past!

My avatar
cara2244
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cara2244 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks ladies! I did wonder whether people would know what they were and I'd forgotten about the commission, ours is 25%. I'm hoping to get rid of a load of clothes and a few nursery items as stuff just doesn't seem to sell on eBay anymore as it's so flooded with things now.
I'll also be looking out for some tots bots easy fits as I love them but can't justify adding to my stash until I've cleared DS's now he's finally potty trained!
It's the Nottingham one.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:17 pm

at the weekend i saw a huge bag full of totsbots cotton size 1s going for £10 and they didn't sell!

My avatar
cara2244
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cara2244 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Well a sold two daisy print fuzzis for £14. The rest didn't go, but I'm not surprised as there were hardly any cloth nappies for sale. There were loads of packs of disposables and pull ups!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat