hf1

New to cloth. Advice needed please.

My avatar
K3lly1985
Clothie
Clothie

New to cloth. Advice needed please.

Postby K3lly1985 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi all. I'm a mummy to 2 boys already, 5 & 3. Am pregnant with our 3rd boy due may.

I want to use cloth. Had a bit of advice, but more is welcome.
I'm buying some tots bots size 1 off someone on here. But after reading other posts I have no idea what else to get?
I'm thinking of buying some one size when he's older, maybe tots bots. But I've been reading about WAHM ones. But I don't want o buy ones that are rubbish. I knie every baby suits different, and it's trial and error, but I would like to knie the best to try? I'm thinking of using disposables at nigh, just as it will be easier. I understand Bout boosters, but still worry they would leak as both my other two slept through from 2 months( bet this me be naughty!)
May get a few 2 part ones for night time or long jerneys rather than AIO

Would be great to hear about others buys, and WAHM buys.
Also both my other two boys were always quiet slim, not chunky, just long legs, so slim fitting ones I would prob need.

Thanks ladies! X x

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: New to cloth. Advice needed please.

Postby little1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi :wave:

I know a lot of people really rate totsbots easyfits V2 and we used these as DD's nursery nappies, they are aio and velcro so dad/gran/nursery proof. They are launching an updated version of these soon which have got rave reviews so you could either wait for the new ones to come out and get them or get some of the V2's cheap when they are discontinued.

My personal favourite nappy system for reliability (not the prettiest) was bumgenius flips, fitted really well and no leaks right up to potty training.

If you want WAHM check out weenotions they are super cute and can get quite addictive :wink:

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:19 pm

COngratulations on being due with your 3rd :thumbsup: hope you get lots of nappies you're happy with. We have a pretty small stash of stuff we've tried and tested, and things we liked we got more of when they were on offer / on the classifieds here. We've got loads of itti tuttos which are really reliable for us and have been since ds was 8 weeks-ish. The only problem we've had is that he can get builders bum if we aren't really careful putting them on, but I'm *hoping* that this will get better as his thighs keep slimming down now he's moving about. OTher than that we've got BG and flip which have been reliable. I'd really love to have lots of fitteds but we can't afford it so I don't get to join in the world of pretty nappies! What we've got is way better than disposables anyway tho :lol:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:41 pm

If you wanrtr to try WHAM then have a look out for OWW, Little Gumnut, Lucious little Somethings, Rosie Boo's to name but a few, just browse classifieds each day.
Not wham but teenyfits are really good on newborns and regularly come up in classifieds x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:26 am

There are plenty of non wahm nappies that are good quality too. Tots bots are a well loved brand :wink: I wouldn't try to worry about what nappies to get for when bubs is older because you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

For newborns my favourites were terry squares and little lambs. There are nice fancy ones too like the ones kirsty mentioned. Teenyfits/easyfits are popular too.

As izzy got older i liked bumgenious pockets, weenotions,dunk and fluff and little gumnut.

These are nappies that worked for us but what workd for some don't suit others. the only nappies we didnt like were bambino mios and mothercare smart nappies.

Night nappies are a whole different thing, we didnt use dispoables but i can see why others do as night nappies can be a challenge. You have to find something that will last all night. My 2 recommendatiosn are a really good quality fitted nappy like little gumnut with a wool wrap OR a massive pocket nappy with tons of stuffing inside.

HTH x

My avatar
K3lly1985
Clothie
Clothie

Postby K3lly1985 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks!

Defrost going to keep eye open for WAHM ones. Getting tiny fits tb for to start with. Was gonna try the ones on eBay, not sure what make they are but only around £5, but god knows if they any goos. Guess it trial and error. I just don't want to be put off when we first try cuz they leak. That's why I want to try get a few good ones so we keep trying with it.

Only got 10 weeks left, so need to start getting mt stash together!!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi :wave: . I have boys ahe 3 & 5 and due baby #3 in 2 weeks! For baby I have a mix of Teenyfits, bamboo Little Lambs, OWW, Dunk & Fluff, Little Gumnut, and some Itti Bitti SIO and a few pockets like Wee Notions, Blueberry etc.

Don't be put off if they leak, it could be due to how heavy your LO wees, or leg gape, or anything really! It is trial & error and at least you can sell on what doesn't work for you :D

ETA - I plan to use boosted Little Lambs for nights.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi
I'm a huge WAHM nappy fan but IMO that's a bridge best crossed once LO is here other than a WeeNotions special one which I couldn't resist. Early days I would use Little Lamb bamboo or pre folds with a wool cover. I haven't tried TB's organ than a couple of fitted's but I know slot of people rave about them. I'd look on classified for some smaller stuf and build up as you find what you like you needs and fit will change so I wouldn't bother stocking up on larger sizes yet :)
Good luck

My avatar
K3lly1985
Clothie
Clothie

Postby K3lly1985 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi.

Right I'm thinking in my stash to have some Bamboosles, size 1 with wraps.
Then some little lambs size 1. And then a few nice WAHM ones that are pretty, like wee notions?

I think I'm gonna go for fitted with wraps, as read they more absorbent, and maybe just a few AIO for days out?
My last two had skinny legs, which is why I'm going more for sized than birth to potty, but are they any good? Might I be worth getting a few, or would you suggest staying with sized?
daft question but can I use any boosters or wraps? Or do I need the same brand? Also if they not pockets do you just put the booster on the top, free floating so to speak? Or do they have to be secured into place?

Thanks x x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat