hf1

Cross with ebay seller!

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Cross with ebay seller!

Postby Vanilla » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Well I worked out that if I keep the 3 rolls of liners, return postage will cost £4.41 by standard parcels (would rather send it back signed for but soo expensive.) Think Earthlets liners are at least £3 per roll so at least I will be getting something for the cost of return postage.

KimmyM wrote:I think it is her responsibility to cover the postage. I recently returned an item and the she never refunded me so I am now out the postage both ways and the item cost Gggrrrrr and by the time she agreed to a return then claimed her daughter was in hospital it was too late to claim.
If I was in a very nice mood I'd go half but I'd probably recommend she got it from we friend.

I thought about that, I was worried cos what if I posted them back & she never refunded me? I'm going to say to her that I will post the items back once I have recieved the full refund (item cost + original postage) back in my paypal account. Does that sound acceptable?

That is a good idea about suggesting her friend pay, since she is blaming it all on the 'friend'! I will make my offer about keeping the liners, but say if she wants those back as well then she or perhaps her friend, will have to pay return postage.

It is a drag though, I mean I'm 8 months preg, can do without the hassle of going to the post office etc for nothing. Grr!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:12 pm

I think you are right to insist on a refund, but I wouldn't normally refund until the items had been returned as paypal will always find in favour of the buyer so you can end up out of pocket. I would send them back with proof of posting, and open a paypal dispute if you haven't already, that way you are covered if she drags her feet with the refund.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:25 pm

I doubt she will refund before she receives it back you can start the return prices through eBay so at least there is a record.
To be honest this is what I hate about eBay.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:33 pm

KimmyM wrote:I doubt she will refund before she receives it back you can start the return prices through eBay so at least there is a record.
To be honest this is what I hate about eBay.

Me too.!

My avatar
zanush
Clothie
Clothie

Postby zanush » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:55 am

i know it's more expensive, but try to send them back via recorded/special delivery. Paypal will only accept a signed (online) proof of receipt, so if she gets them back but claims that she never received them, you'd be out the cost of the nappies and the postage.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:41 am

Blaming her friend sounds like a cop-out... :-? in the end she is the seller and she is responsible for listing the condition of the nappies accurately. If she's never used them then you're in a better position to say what they should look like new. If she bothered to take pics she could have checked them over! I hope you get the full refund, she may be out of pocket but it should be a lesson learnt about giving accurate descriptions on ebay :twisted:

zanush wrote:i know it's more expensive, but try to send them back via recorded/special delivery. Paypal will only accept a signed (online) proof of receipt, so if she gets them back but claims that she never received them, you'd be out the cost of the nappies and the postage.

Really?? So if I just had a receipt from the post office for a standard delivery parcel, Paypal would not accept that in the event it would be needed?!

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:02 am

oh thanks for the tips, I didn't think of me sending them back putting me in the position of being the seller as it were - is that how paypal would view it? Surely I am still the buyer returning the goods, if I get proof of posting wouldn't that be enough? I guess if she did agree to refund me first (she hasn't said yay or nay to this) then I would be ok - I have no idea if I can trust her to refund after I've sent them back.

She has accepted my offer of sending them back minus the rolls of liners, however she has said she would prefer to refund me a chunk of the cost and just keep them as she doesn't want them back. If I keep them, with the partial refund I will not have paid very much for them but tbh I don't really want them now either. I am put off by the fact they are a bit pooey (although no actual stains that I can see thankfully) & that she has messed me about. I did wonder if she was selling them on her friend's behalf and just took the friend's word that they were new, as she cannot possibly have thought they were new if she had looked at them even really quickly! However sadly I think it's more likely that she was just not being honest- she has apologised now, but is still swearing blind that she 'honestly thought they were new'. I agree it's a cop out blaming her friend, it was totally her responsibility to list accurately even if her story is true.

I would rather send them back but I guess there is a risk then of more hassle if she decides to mess about & not refund. To send them recorded would cost nearly £10 so I would be well out of pocket. Might as well accept her partial refund I suppose, but it's annoying as I specifically didn't want used Motherease OS as even brand new ones can be picked up very cheap on ebay or The Nappy site - used ME nappies are worth next to nothing since there's so many out there from what I can see.

Ah well just one of those slightly unlucky things I guess, it is annoying though cos there is nothing I could have done to avoid this apart from not bidding - as the seller was adamant the nappies were new & is still claiming she didn't know any different.

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 am

BTW I have only communicated with her directly so far - I have not opened a case with ebay/PP about it. Is that the right thing to do? If I am happy to accept the refund amount and she refunds me no probs, then it should all be ok shouldn't it? I guess if she does not refund me as agreed I then take the step of opening up a dispute.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:11 am

The nappies will wash and freshen up/clean so for ease i would go for the partial refund as long as its a decent one.

You will be out of pocket returning them, not to mention the hassle if they dont turn up etc.

Keep them and if youre not keen then keep them as spares/back up or try and sell on.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat