hf1

Cross with ebay seller!

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Cross with ebay seller!

Postby Vanilla » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:17 am

I was browsing nappies on ebay & found a bundle of motherease/sandies nappies being sold as new & unused - they were great value as the bundle also included extra stuff like wraps, boosters & liners, also new. I bid last minute and won the auction, recieved nappies today - they are not new! I had a few Sandy's nappies off ebay & the nappy site already which were sold as new, and I can see the difference. These have obviously been washed a lot, although they seem in good condition, no stains etc, but there is bobbling and loose threads. Even if not actually used, I'm sure they've been washed together with dirty nappies, as there was some dirty bits & what looked possibly like a tiny bit of pooey gunge under the poppers of one which is gross. They weren't even described as pre-washed in the listing, just 'new and never used'. I wouldn't have been at all bothered about them being pre-washed a few times, but I don't think they fit the description of new & unused...the seller was selling other nappies in different listings as used, so wondering if she has either been dishonest, or having not got the price she hoped for, substituted some of her used nappies for the new ones!

I have emailed her to politely say I'm disappointed & think the nappies were not as described, will see what she says. I ended up paying at least the going rate or bit more than I could have done for used motherease/sandies as there are lots on ebay. Have never had any probs like this with ebay sellers before! It's pretty annoying, I hate feeling that I've been mislead. :(

Have just checked inside the wraps although they do both look new on the outside, and there is a brown bit in one of them! YUCK!!

You'd think someone trying to fob off used nappies as new would at least wash them properly. :evil:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Cross with ebay seller!

Postby KimmyM » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:39 am

Oh no I'd be really annoyed.

My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clothpixie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 am

Grrrr! How disgusting re the poo in the wrap :nono:
I don't blame you for being annoyed. Hope you get it resolved.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:50 am

How annoying (and gross!!) :evil: "as new" nappies really shouldn't be bobbled and fraying. What if you'd bought them as a gift for someone?! Maybe you could ask for a partial refund as they weren't as described. You'd be within your rights to ask to reurn them, or start a paypal claim (if she didn't reply). Unfortunately it is a risk when buying preloved, I hope the seller gets back to you quickly.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:02 pm

:puke: to dirty nappies. :evil: :evil: Has ebay changed their policy then? I thought they banned the sale of used nappies on there ages ago :? I'm not excusing it as its not on at all but perhaps that's why she listed them as new? I would just start a Paypal dispute anyway for INAD TBH, you can always close it if you receive a satisfactory response from the seller.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Louise wrote::puke: to dirty nappies. :evil: :evil: Has ebay changed their policy then? I thought they banned the sale of used nappies on there ages ago :? I'm not excusing it as its not on at all but perhaps that's why she listed them as new? I would just start a Paypal dispute anyway for INAD TBH, you can always close it if you receive a satisfactory response from the seller.

yeah you have been able to sell used for over year or so now.

Ick to dirty nappies, I would take a photo of them x

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Yes, you still can't choose a "used" option, but it seems they've started turning a blind eye to used nappies being sold (as well they should! - it's a ridiculous rule).

Did the seller say they were new and unused in the listing itself? Or just in the header where there's no "used" option. Not that that would excuse it. She would have still had to say in the listing that they weren't new.

I'm interested to hear if you get it resolved.

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:53 pm

Oh no! :nono: :nono: that's awful. Keen to hear the outcome!

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:51 pm

I think technically ebay don't allow the sale of used nappies, as there seems to be no 'used' category for them so they are all listed as new, however all the auctions I've looked at, the seller has then specified in the description whether the nappies are actually used or not. This seller definatly described them as 'new and unused' in the description.

She has emailed me back, this is her response - 'Hi, sorry if your unhappy with the Nappies but I can assure you they are new, they were given to me by a friend who never used them and I had too many other Nappies so didn't use them either. They have been taken in and out of the bag a number of times for photographing etc.
I had a number of the same Nappies which were used and looked completely different and not so soft.'

I disagree, even if not used they have obviously been washed a lot of times, and in with soiled nappies by the look of it. The wraps, although quite new looking, on close examination appear to have been tried on or used & not washed after - one has the tiny bit of poo in and the other looks faintly stained at the leg gusset. It's hard to see though so not sure I could show it in a photo. I haven't mentioned the bits of poo to her yet, as I only noticed after emailing her. You could hardly spot them but you shouldn't be able to find specks of brown on nappies sold as new!

gayleygoo wrote:How annoying (and gross!!) :evil: "as new" nappies really shouldn't be bobbled and fraying. What if you'd bought them as a gift for someone?!

I have told her I wanted to give some as a gift - I was indeed going to give a couple of them to my SIL!

Not sure how to proceed now - I would not have bid on them if I knew they weren't new as I could have bought brand new ones on ebay for the same price or hardly any more. I actually paid far less for some brand new sandies & wraps from another seller. Shall I say I want a refund? She has not offered to do anything about it in her response, and I feel she is not being quite honest as it seems clear to me that the nappies are not in new condition, it is obvious from the bobbling on the material. If she had even said yes they are prewashed then I could have given her some benefit of the doubt, but she is still just saying they are 'new'. :evil: I just feel like I want to return them and have my money back as I don't want to buy from dishonest ebayers.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat