hf1

Cross with ebay seller!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Cross with ebay seller!

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:00 pm

If it were me I'd tell her you can quite clearly see that they are not new and mention the stains etc and inform her that you will be starting a PP dispute for Item Not as Described and will be requesting a full refund.

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Ok I'm sending her a reply to say I definatly wouldn't describe them as new myself, due to the obvious wash wear/traces of poo & also the fact they don't look as new as the sandies nappies I've bought from other sellers (since she is trying to say they don't look the same as her used ones) and I want to return them for a refund. She did say no returns in her listing but I'll give her the chance. If she does not want to resolve the issue amicably after that I will have to go the route of PP dispute, something I have never had to do before. I have always found ebay sellers to be quite helpful & honest on the whole, have been lucky not to have come across a rubbish one til now I guess. :(

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:38 pm

I agree with Louise above. Tell her you will be opening a pp dispute & then go ahead.

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Well I'm being nice so will give her until later this evening to respond. But really, she must think I'm stupid, the nappies are good condition & probably used very little (although in need of a good wash) but really I don't see how she can expect anyone to believe they are brand new & any signs of wear are from them being taken out of the bag to photograph! :roll: They also stink of washing powder which I pointed out, since she didn't even admit they are washed let alone used.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:13 pm

I totally admire you giving her the opportunity to be fair, but she's been dishonest from the start and chances are she's not about to do a U turn. Pay pal is the way to go. Good luck hun x

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Would definitely ask for a full refund, including return postage. I have had to get 3 refunds from ebay purchases as the items received were unusable. The sellers usually responded quite quickly and agreed as no one wants bad feedback. Hope it resolves well for you. I've pretty much given up on ebay for clothes and baby things, much rather buy things on the classifieds now.

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks for all the advice. The seller has agreed to a refund (still claiming she thought the nappies were new as her friend said they were :roll:) but says she can't afford to cover postage - I presume she means return postage to her. To be fair the postage was quite expensive & came to more than she put on the listing but that is her own fault, she should have checked the weight first.

The bundle included 3 rolls of earthlets paper liners (2 unopened.) These make up nearly half the weight of the parcel so I think I will offer to keep them for the cost of returning all the other items to her. I don't especially want them really as was planning to use fleece liners mainly but they will get used, or I know SIL will use them as she uses paper liners with her nappies. I then won't be totally out of pocket. I think that's very fair, what do you think?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:40 pm

I think it is her responsibility to cover the postage. I recently returned an item and the she never refunded me so I am now out the postage both ways and the item cost Gggrrrrr and by the time she agreed to a return then claimed her daughter was in hospital it was too late to claim.
If I was in a very nice mood I'd go half but I'd probably recommend she got it from we friend.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Unfortunately the seller doesn't have to cover return postage but they will need to refund you the full amount you paid including the original postage costs. Your suggestion sounds like a reasonable one. fc she accepts it.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat