hf1

To sell nappies after PT or keep for baby no 2?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

To sell nappies after PT or keep for baby no 2?

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 am

Well we are now into the 3rd week of potty training and its going great. Hardly any accidents and completely dry at home during the day. I am still putting a nappy on Darcy overnight and if we go out for longer trips where we won't be able to stop easily etc but also had some very successful trips out in pants too, and plan to go completely nappy free (apart from over night) as of next week! So I now have loads of nappies sitting here not being used and just can't decide what to do with them. I keep thinking i'll sell them now, but then think it would be silly to sell them seeing as baby number 2 is on the way, but then the majority of them are larges which are still on the big size on Darcy with her being small so the likelihood is that they won't be used for probably almost 2 years by the time baby has grown into them. I do have some mediums that I may keep for a while but still wonder whether it would be best to sell them whilst they are well know WAHMs, DnF, OWW, LoobyLus, WN etc. I am guessing the longer I hold on to them and new designs etc come out they will go down in value?

Sorry rambling a bit, but just can't decide whether to sell them now and put the money towards other bits we will need whilst baby is small :-? What did you do/or planning to do when your LO potty trains?
Last edited by Hannahboo on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: To sell or keep for baby no 2?

Postby scarlet » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:59 am

Sell them hun as like you said those brands are popular now but may not be in the future. What works for Darcy may not work for baba no2 ! :hug:
Or trade them for things for the baby!

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:59 am

I read the title as to sell or keep baby no 2 :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 am

LilMrsAverage wrote:I read the title as to sell or keep baby no 2 :giggle: :giggle:

:hohoho:
I would sell them seeing as it is going to be yonks before they are used again, keep any mediums you have though x

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 am

Kirstyh wrote:I would sell them seeing as it is going to be yonks before they are used again, keep any mediums you have though x

Thanks :) I just keeping of all the lovely things I can buy once they are sold :giggle:

scarlet wrote:Sell them hun as like you said those brands are popular now but may not be in the future. What works for Darcy may not work for baba no2 ! :hug:
Or trade them for things for the baby!

See thats what I am thinking, but its hard to part with them :giggle:

LilMrsAverage wrote:I read the title as to sell or keep baby no 2 :giggle: :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: Oh Judith, actually looking at it now maybe I should change the title :oops: definitely keeping baby though :giggle:

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 am

Me too :hohoho: :oops:

I'd sell the larges but keep some mediums back just in case, Catrin had a couple of weeks before xmas where she was completely dry then she went back to having constant accidents so we put her back in nappies for a couple of weeks and tried again a few weeks later and she's been in pants now full time for nearly 2 months.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 am

If there are any you really love keep those but i would sell the rest, like you say, it will be some time until they are used and they will not sell as well in 2yrs time should you find lo doesnt suit that kind. Plus that will help you fund small ones for the new baba.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 am

Have changed the title now Judith @LilMrsAverage :giggle:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:07 am

Tara84 wrote:

Me too :hohoho: :oops:

I'd sell the larges but keep some mediums back just in case, Catrin had a couple of weeks before xmas where she was completely dry then she went back to having constant accidents so we put her back in nappies for a couple of weeks and tried again a few weeks later and she's been in pants now full time for nearly 2 months.

See thats what worries me, if she started to have accidents but fingers crossed we won't need to. She does still fit her mediums so if I keep them I could put her in them if needs be.

Rox wrote:If there are any you really love keep those but i would sell the rest, like you say, it will be some time until they are used and they will not sell as well in 2yrs time should you find lo doesnt suit that kind. Plus that will help you fund small ones for the new baba.

That was what I was thinking, as wouldn't need to pay anything out of our bank account for small nappies then :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat