hf1

To sell nappies after PT or keep for baby no 2?

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: To sell nappies after PT or keep for baby no 2?

Postby Juli » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 am

If you enjoy buying and selling nappies, then I would definitely go ahead and sell them. Maybe wait a few weeks though just to make sure the potty training has been a complete success.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:37 am

Well I'm going to offer a different view - see I have a baby who has been in size large nappies from about 5 months... I stocked up on mediums thinking they would fit for ages and she outgrew them in only a few weeks :roll: I really wish I had gone for more BTP nappies as the small / mediums I bought seemed like such a waste.

So it need not be that long before they are used again. I would hold onto them a little longer I think until you know how big the new baby is - if you have another littly then you can sell and fund more small/medium which will fit for longer. Plus you will have them in reserve in case you have any PT regression (a possibility when the new baby arrives).

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:25 pm

I have to admit I kept everything of Christopher's but that said he only potty trained last June at 2 years and 10 months and Emily has been in large nappies for 2 months now so they weren't sat much more than 6 months.

I did however sell all my newborn stash as we were stopping at 2! Until I had a change of heart when Emily hit 12 months!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:12 pm

@Rox I still have half your stash here to sell, if you find out what you are having you can have first dibs on buying it back lol!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 am

I kept nearly all of Molly's nappies, and thankfully I did because when Daragh was born I wasn't in a financial position to splash out on many cloth nappies, I did then sell some of the girly ones to fund new boy-ish ones, but still I'm very glad I still had most of them (and nearly all the pretty WAHM nappies I had were unisex for that reason!), many were non-WAHM nappies that seem to cost a lot new but you can't shift without losing a lot of money, so I'm still getting my pennies' worth out of them. I don't mind what the trends are with them either, but you will almost certainly get less for the if you try to sell in a few years' time rather than now.

Large nappies can fit from 6 months, if your LO is a bit of a chunk :wink: Maybe sell the nappies you will get a good deal for, or the ones you know you will probably not use again?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:57 am

Sorry its taken me a couple of days to get back to this thread its been a busy few days :roll:

I think we have decided we will sell the larges and any that I dont love then I may sell a couple of the mediums once we know the sex of bump.

@scarlet hopefully after the wedding you may have a baby bum to buy for :wink: :giggle:

@Rox we sold Darcys pram and car seat too, but that was because we didn't like them and were too bulky. I reallllllly want a Bugaboo bee+ this time but it just works out so expensive so think we are going for a Mamas and Papas Urbo as my Mum works for them and gets a massive discount :thumbsup: hence why we have so much M&P stuff :giggle: I have a feeling you are having a boy this time but I am always wrong so will more than likely be a girl :hohoho: I was convinced Darcy was a boy almost went out and bought boys stuff before the scan so was a bit of a shock when we found out she was a she :giggle: I would actually be quite happy with another girl, although again like last time I think bump will be a boy!

I am so confused as to what to go for this time, and want to keep our stash pretty simple. Didn't start until Darcy was 8-9 months so the whole newborn nappy thing is going to be totally different :-?

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:23 am

I have a Bee+ at the mo and am going to use that for baby. I had a Bug Cam from birth with S and bought a Bee when she was 6months then got the Bee+ when that came out.

Sold the cam 18months ago as we didnt use it but still occasionally used the Bee+. Not planning on spending on a system again this time as we got the Bee for a reason, much smaller for living in the car etc and seems daft to spend on a new system when the Bee is suitable from birth with the nest - not ideal, i would prefer a carrycot but it really would be a waste of money i think. + i'm thinking we will sling baby more too.

Newborn nappies are pretty easy i feel. IMHO dont spend a fortune on the stash, they grow SO quickly you will not get your money's worth. When S was born i had Tots Bots size 1 nippa (these were brill as very adjustable in size) a couple Swaddlebees NB Velour, gorgeous but very diddy and she started out peeing them before she out grew them and i had half a dozen terries. Thats it!

Simple, easy, quick drying stash.

This time im thinking of getting more Tots Bots if i can get cheap deal on them (amazon are a good place to keep checking) a few nice WAHM fitteds for prettyness :wink: i have half a dozen sandies which i got cheap and am planning to use if we are low on nappies - i did this with the terries but tbh i didnt like the terries so needed another back up option... and then half a dozen pocket/aio options.

I'm not spending a fortune on WAHM nappies for the early days, theyre too expensive and they grow out of them too quickly. The few WAHM ones i have are pre-loved which is better value.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 am

I bought about half my small stash (skipping nb size) and have kindly been lent lots more smalls too which is great. I was also gifted a few small fitteds / wool and I shall gift these on too so there's also that to bare in mind ladies :wink:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:10 am

Our local nappy network does newborn nappy hire for about £6 per week, I did this last time and it worked pretty well for us as DD was only in them for about 3 weeks before I moved onto the two week free trial of the larger nappies. This time round I have bought my entire newborn/small stash preloved, and apart from two Fluff n Stuff fitteds which were very expensive the rest are no more than £6-£7 per nappy (OWWs). I'm not sure how much use we will get out of some of them as they look tiny!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat