hf1

To sell nappies after PT or keep for baby no 2?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: To sell nappies after PT or keep for baby no 2?

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:14 am

I have sold most of DDs but have kept back my favourites and anything GN. We have occasionally used them if she's not well, and I am thinking we may use them at night when she starts to night train. I didn't start selling until I knew we were having a boy though, and with hindsight I should have sold some sooner as things are going for much lower prices now than when I bought them :-(

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:16 am

Just think of me selling P's nappies and no new baby to buy for. :cry: At least I have my wedding "baby" to keep me busy. :giggle:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:29 am

:hug: I sold all of S's and her pram etc as we werent having another!! :doh:

Thing i regret most is selling her wool, the nappies i dunno, pretty colours can be replaced but S had some gorgeous shorties/crops/longies which i wont be able to replace :(

Rainbow PK crops
LV fire shorties
LV scrappy shorties
Tailed TP longies
Ruffle bum TP longies
Not to mention lovely TP night soakers, matching dress/soaker sets and nappies that matched the wool.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:02 am

I sold all of Isaac's once he was done with day nappies, they were all large and like already said I would have held onto them for ages until they would fit baby #3. Also, I had no money to but babys stash until I sold Isaac's so the not much choice here anyway!

Like already said, keep anything really special to you, GN or and size mediums :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:16 am

@Rox, your little boy would look a bit silly in girly wool :wink:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: To sell or keep for baby no 2?

Postby twinkletot » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:18 am

LilMrsAverage wrote:I read the title as to sell or keep baby no 2 :giggle: :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

I sold Nathan's. They were all larges anyway so wouldn't have been used for ages. Most were boyish rather than GN too. I had no mediums either.

I would sell the larges, keep the mediums and any that are really special for you :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:30 am

I have kept a few favourite woollies and nappies but TBH I prefer each child to have their own new things. Fluffy and woolly shopping and designing is far too much fun :wink: :lol:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 am

Kirstyh wrote:@Rox, your little boy would look a bit silly in girly wool :wink:

Well yes, but theres a 50% chance it might be pink... :giggle:

Nah, i mean, S PT'd at 2yrs 2months so it would have been sat unused for almost 3yrs before a baby was even here to wear it, nevermind prob another year before it could fit them... 4yrs is a long time to stick hold of wool. I will buy more tho wont be able to afford the stash i used to have so may need to be more selective about what i buy and knit some of my own.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:56 am

Kirstyh wrote:@Rox, your little boy would look a bit silly in girly wool :wink:

Funny tho... both DH and I think this is probably a boy and someone i work with (who doesnt know im pg) is into auras etc and said a few weeks ago said there was a lot of blue around me :lookround:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat