hf1

STUUUUUPID SHOPS!!!! UPDATED!!

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

STUUUUUPID SHOPS!!!! UPDATED!!

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:10 am

Just discovered that both boots and Waitrose are going to stop stocking nappy liners and other washable nappy items throughout Devon. Do'nt they realise that we need them to stock reusable nappy stuff??? I know they both only sell boring nappies but they are better than nothing surely!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by pinkydinkydoo on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: STUUUUUPID SHOPS!!!!

Postby Rae » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:12 am

It really doesn't surprise me that they are going to stop, but it is frustrating.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:45 pm

With Mothercare starting to do cloth I thought it would encourage more shops to do the same - obviously not :evil:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Just makes everything harder to buy now :cry:

However hand on heart I have only ever got Boots nappy liners from a real shop in person, everything else has been online

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:36 pm

eviesmummy wrote:With Mothercare starting to do cloth I thought it would encourage more shops to do the same - obviously not :evil:

Aye - boots seem to be totally missing the boat on this one...

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: STUUUUUPID SHOPS!!!! UPDATED!!

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:55 pm

I went into Waitrose on the way home from nursey and complained that they had no washable nappies, i also told a porky and said i needed nappy liners and could'nt get them anymore and asked why they were getting rid of it all. The manager came and saw me and said they are revamping the baby isle in this store and it will take up to a month to do it, he also said that they are getting some differant washable nappies in this store but again it will take up to a month to do so. As a good will gesture he gave me a pack of bambino mio liners :lol: :oops: So i guess that's ok then :lol: but no prises for guessing what nappies they will be :roll:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:01 pm

All the boots round me have stopped stocking nappy liners, and yet they still stock all the other cloth nappy bits, way to put off new cloth mummies!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:25 pm

pinkydinkydoo wrote:As a good will gesture he gave me a pack of bambino mio liners :lol: :oops: So i guess that's ok then :lol: but no prises for guessing what nappies they will be :roll:

Hmmm and I thought Waitrose were doing the right thing by stocking ME nappies! Do you reckon its because Bambino Mio is cheaper and therefor more readily available that is has become more popular? Real shame... :roll:

My avatar
freya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby freya » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:39 pm

Our local Waitrose has just finished re-vamping their nappy aisle and I can report that it is not Bambio Mio that they are now stocking.....
Ours still have ME and are now stocking the Modern baby Pop-in single pack
I'd never seen these before so I have bought one to try (just in the machine now)
Interestingly, I paid £14 for mine and I see that they are £15 if you buy them directly! Bonus :D
http://www.modernbaby.co.uk/

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat