hf1

My pockets LEAK LEAK LEAK!!!!

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

My pockets LEAK LEAK LEAK!!!!

Postby charlibunny » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:41 pm

HELP!!!!!!!!!! they ALL wick!!! what am i doing wrong??????????? within an hour or 2 they are wet between Molly's legs and wick on to her clothes! This goes for WN's, Pocket bots (are awful). The best for minimal wicking are her one GK anytime and her 1 Fuzzi oh and the BBOS isnt too bad.

Im stuffing with Easy peasy Hemp inserts and a MF insert on top or a petit something or other thing that you fold in 3 with a MF cloth on top.

I have tried Using prefolds with a MF cloth to no avail, also i have added little lamb bamboo boosters to all these mixes but nuffink works :(:(

HELP????????

I put her funky nappy on this morning with a MF insert and a easy peasy hemp (on bottom) and within two hours and minimal juice her jeans were damp :(
The only one that hasnt leaked yet is her Minki but its HUGE!!!!

Have gone back to bamboozles for now and they are working (unfortunatly) :hohoho:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: My pockets LEAK LEAK LEAK!!!!

Postby Louise » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:54 pm

I stopped using MF in my pockets as we were having problems with wicking when Katie was wearing trousers. I now use a combination of bamboo and hemp and we've had no problems since.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 pm

How many times have your hemp inserts been washed? They need at least 12 to be at full absorbency...

With Isabelle once she reached that age any pockets with a cotton outer were out of the question as they just couldn't contain the wees she was doing...

How tight are her clothes round them?

I agree about microfibre - if it gets over saturated (i.e. by a big power wee and the hemp has no time to absorb the moisture) it starts to seep out esp when squished! Bamboo and hemp are a really good combo...

I found our pocket bots were a bit too slim between the legs at that age and I sold my cotton one but even the poly outer one only lasted 3hrs or so where a well stuffed fuzzi or bumgenius would last 4...

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:31 pm

ooooooooh i am now much wiser. I think my inserts have been washed 5 times max so that wont be helping. Also i am seeing sense with the microfibre, she does do huge power wee's so i bet thats whats doing it!!!
Think i will put my pocket bots back for Sophie then, im sure she will fit them in about 6 months. I might invest in sum more Fuzzi's or GK's if i ever get any more money!!

What bamboo inserts are good then? I have 3 upsy daisy tri fold ones, and little lamb ones too.
Im going to try putting an exra LL bamboo booster in and skip the MF cloth tomorrow!!!

Thankyou both :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:46 pm

charlibunny wrote:What bamboo inserts are good then? I have 3 upsy daisy tri fold ones, and little lamb ones too.

I use bamboo terry squares and WN bamboo inserts in my pockets along with EH hemp inserts as they fold in half so you get 4 layers of hemp but they are really slim.

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Little Pants » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:20 pm

charlibunny wrote:ooooooooh i am now much wiser. I think my inserts have been washed 5 times max so that wont be helping. Also i am seeing sense with the microfibre, she does do huge power wee's so i bet thats whats doing it!!!
Think i will put my pocket bots back for Sophie then, im sure she will fit them in about 6 months. I might invest in sum more Fuzzi's or GK's if i ever get any more money!!

What bamboo inserts are good then? I have 3 upsy daisy tri fold ones, and little lamb ones too.
Im going to try putting an exra LL bamboo booster in and skip the MF cloth tomorrow!!!

Thankyou both :)

The p'tits dessous flexible bamboo inserts are brilliant - very slim but very absorbent, and open right out to dry.

:idea: Does anyone else see this emoticon as rude!!!! - in fact VERY rude!!! :hohoho: :hohoho:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat