hf1

Cloth nappy for older child?

My avatar
CorneliaKennedy
Clothie
Clothie

Cloth nappy for older child?

Postby CorneliaKennedy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:46 pm

My son still wears a diaper at night, he is almost 6 and although we are working on it, he doesnt seem close to stopping, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a diaper that would fit him? I haven't actually tired any of ours but I dont think they will.
Has anyone tired the bright bots training pants? I am thinking of them but dont know if they will fit/hold 2/3 wees

Many thanks

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cloth nappy for older child?

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:50 pm

we tried bright bots training pants when DS was pt in the day. They only hold one very small wee.
So wouldnt really work over night IMO.

I havent used them myself - but have you looked at the YoYo pull on nappy made by Nappies by Minki.
the XL size is from 3-7 years.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby autumnalgirl » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:34 pm

@ladybird might be able to help you. (Never tried tagging before, will it work?!)

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:41 pm

A large Little Gumnut night nappy might fit. I have one that my 4 yr old wears around the house cos she loves the rainbow colours :roll: :giggle: It fits her with lots of room. I think Holdens Landing do Junior size night nappies too. Also, my little nephew wore nappies at night till he was 7, and then one day he just said he wasn't going to wear them anymore and that was it. :D

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Junior bb+ will fit and they def hold a lot of wee from bigger kiddies! I tried the l and xl nappies by minki but regardless of what I stuffed them with they leaked even with wool over the top. None of the other xl nappies I tried fit him although he was a tall but slim 5-6yr old. The junior bb+ were brilliant with wool over the top and he wore them til he was dry just before he was seven.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 pm

ds2 was in night nappies until last summer, at 7yrs. He was wearing Holden's Landing toddler bedbugs, Zany Zebra XL pocket fitteds and had custom made LLS, Little Gumnut and Hollow Oaks. We used wool over fitteds and he had to have natural fabrics in the nappy as his skin got sensitive to the urine, probably because it was just overnight and not during the day iykwim.
We tried a few times without nappies, you do need to try for a few nights in a row I think, so they get used to the idea. We didn't lift as I think that teaches them nothing. We used waterproof mattress pads from Brolly Sheets, as they were longer than those we had from Wee Notions (which are lovely, but too short for a 7yr old, we found) and went for it over the summer.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 am

DS1 wore night nappies until he was 4.5y/o but he was the size of an average 7 y/o! You could try Holdens Landing bedbug plus in Junior size, Made by Amber XL or Looby Lu's XL, all of which are comparable size & absorbancy wise.

Made by Amber is on facebook & Looby Lu's is in the WAHM section on here :D

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:25 am

Size 2 pop and grow pockets for us. and XL DnF (I have both for sale still too, ahem :oops: ) lol

My avatar
CorneliaKennedy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby CorneliaKennedy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:27 pm

I tired to search some of the companys but I could only find state side company's? Any ideas where I could look at the from the UK?

Thanks Shaunie for those two, I will go have a look now!

Dawnsmummy, I love that nappy, I will have to speak to my hubby though!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat