hf1

Postage rates going up again :(

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Postage rates going up again :(

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Soupdragon wrote:RM is still unbelievably cheap. To send a 500g parcel within Australia costs $11.45 (£7.50 on today's exchange rate). To send a 500g parcel from here to the UK costs $30 (£19.67). It's cheaper for me to buy from the UK than it is within Aus, because of the postage.

Distances in Aus are a bit bigger but that's crazy that it's cheaper to buy from the UK.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Yes, the distances mean that they charge accordingly - you pay more to send from here to Perth than you do within NSW. (The $11.45 is an average.) It's a tad over $9 for me to post to Tory (two hours' drive away) - about £6.

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:12 am

If you're thinking of posting much in the next few weeks, my recommendation is buy as many 1st and 2nd class stamps of the generic '1st' and '2nd' with no 'xp' marked on them. As you'll only pay today's price, when the post goes up each will then be worth the new price - so for 1st every 46p you spend today will be worth 60p in postage next month.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:27 am

DH gets 100 free stamps at Christmas every year, we rarely send letters so they're building up in a large envelope, I really should use them for posting parcels but I'm always worried they'd fall off or I'd not have enough on!

That seems an awful lot to go up in one go, understandably they have rising costs too, but an increase of 30% on a stamp?? Still, I bought stamps in Amsterdam last weekend and they were nearly 1 euro each, and that would post a letter/postcard upto 20g, at least with RM you can post 100g worth of letter with a stamp.

I'm quite happy with RM's prices, since if they weren't in NI and we had to rely on the southern postal service we'd be paying an awful lot more :-?

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat