Disposable liners HELP

My avatar
singers_love
Clothie
Clothie

Disposable liners HELP

Postby singers_love » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:22 am

Hello,

I am currently 8 months pregnant and have been happierly spending all my wages on cloth nappies.. (they are just sooo addictive, cant imagine what Im going to be like when she is actually here!)

I have investigated having paper liners on top of the nappies to keep them a bit cleaner, and to make poop disposal easier to.. So I was wondering with so many different brands and types to choose from which ones are any good???

Also how do you all rate them??

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Disposable liners HELP

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:25 am

Never used disposable ones, too paper like for me, if I do use one I use minkee and then just chuck them in the machine, I really only use them in easyfits though as they seem to stain easily, the rest I don't bother with, sorry not much help really was I :giggle:

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 am

I used them. Lots of people dislike them, so I picked them up in swaps or preloved quite often, and was never fussed about the brand, they all do the job!

I didn't use them til she had solid ish poo though, as they're pointless on newborn runny poo (it sits on the liner then squishes out, not nice). And once they were properly solid, I stopped using them.

Regardless of using them or not, I never found staining a problem. Poo washes out, the nappy gets clean. Very rare stains that dont wash out, usually sun out easily.

As so many people dislike them, it'saybe worth just getting one roll, then if you dislike them it's not a waste? I also made my own fleece liners which did the job well too.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:37 pm

I can recommend the littlelamb ones-you can get a great deal on a pack of 5 or 6 from ebay. They are made from recycled lamb wool waste, flushable, biodegradable and are economical because you can tear each one in half to make it last 2 nappies (they're massive). If you had a mesh bag you could also put them in the wash upto 2 times and re-use them again) I do also use fleece with my nappies because I have a *thing* about stains-paper can collect but residues can be left which is why I combine the two. I choose not to have the minkee because of the drying time and the fact that they can also stain...its all personal preference. if you have any questions, let me know hun ;-) xx

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:31 pm

I get on well with the tots bots ones, but you don't need to bother with disposable liners until lo is doing solid poos, ebf poo will go straight through the liners anyway!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:34 pm

I have a bunch of homemade girly minkee liners you can have ffp if you like, pm me. I'll also have some paper/cellulose liners soon too, I only plan on using them for the meconium stage so will have some left x

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:31 pm

I use totsbots. I only started using them when solid poo was not fun to try and get off fleece.....

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat