hf1

Am i strange.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Am i strange.

Postby Rox » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Does anyone else feel a bit sad when they see their custom made wool or nappies being sold by someone they dont know? :lookround:

I know its normal for them to get sold on etc but i did so love all of my stash and when i sold it i always found the pieces i loved best went to people i knew would love them too (@Danika :giggle: ) and so i felt fine about it, but as im slowly getting back into the nappy world and am keeping my eye on pre-loved stuff i keep seeing bits of my stash popping up and i know theyre mine because most of my stash was custom ordered.

One of my fave pairs of shorties are up on a FB board and i have really lovely memories and photos of S wearing those on a summers day, makes me sad to see them felted and with someone i dont know :doh:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Am i strange.

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:59 pm

aww I think it is normal to feel like that but also nice to see other children wearing them, 3 kids wearing something is pretty good going

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:01 pm

:hug: :hug:

I can understand what you mean - but just think of all those lovely fluffy bottoms who have enjoyed them!
It's really flattering to know that your designs have been loved so much.

You never know, a disposible using mum may have also seen them and been inspired to use cloth herself!

Just think of all the love you've shared

And look forward to how many more lovely customs you can dream up with bump on the way :)

:hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Kirstyh wrote:aww I think it is normal to feel like that but also nice to see other children wearing them, 3 kids wearing something is pretty good going

Yes but I agree with what Kirsty said. I recently saw an old style WN I bought for K when she was a few months old being sold. I have bought a couple of things back that I ordered for K when I saw them up for sale so M can wear them now :oops:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:23 pm

I can understand how you feel, but I think I'd quite like it too as it would mean that they had been used and sold on and loved by someone else, rather than just sitting in a drawer or being thrown away. Having said that, I have a couple of customs that I don't think I will ever part with, and it was REALLY hard to sell DDs TP Unicorn longies.

My avatar
moonsunstars2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby moonsunstars2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:29 pm

I think it's quite normal to feel sad. I always want to buy stuff back!! but then I think atleast it's had some good use, and has been money well spent :) reuse, recycle and all that - it all helps :)

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:40 pm

No I always feel a little pang when I see something I lusted after, designed, eagerly anticipated and loved on my LO's squishy bums. I know I sold it on but I just feels strange.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:51 pm

KimmyM wrote:No I always feel a little pang when I see something I lusted after, designed, eagerly anticipated and loved on my LO's squishy bums. I know I sold it on but I just feels strange.

Yay, i was starting to think i was alone then with all the other (very valid and true) comments

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:48 pm

I saw the first pair of shorties I made for on natural mamas the other. I had offered them FFP so was very pleased that this person was also offering them FFP. Had she been trying to sell them I would have been a bit peeved. Can understand your pain. :hug:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat