hf1

Nappies and nursery- any experiences?

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Nappies and nursery- any experiences?

Postby zoeyboo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:18 pm

I send Rufus with Wee Notions Pockets & Cloth Wipes in a bag along with a wet bag for used, they've been great with using them. I showed the Manager what needed to be done when he started & she showed all the other staff. They love his nappies & most days there is something in his little book about him talking about what is on them or choosing which one he wants etc.

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Hippychick » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:53 pm

I used pockets with DD1 at childcare, my childminder came around to the idea but our real breakthrough was when she agreed to try our MEOs one day as the pocket inserts hadn't dried in time. Response that evening was "wow, can I use these instead, they are SO much better!" (this was a few years ago now)..

Another childminder made my blood boul when she told me she thought our cloth nappies smelt (checked with 3 other non cloth using mums and they thought they didn't, CM was just trying to get us to use sposies. Changed childminders shortly afterwards and the new one was fine with them!

So make it a simple set of AIOs/AI2s/pockets and they should be fine with it. I used to send a bucket rather than a mesh bag as they felt it was all better contained.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 pm

I ve never had any problems, the nursery had and have a few in cloth.

They even have about it in their brochure but ask that you talk it through with the key worker to check they know what they re doing etc

Xxx

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Both of mine have worn cloth no problem at nursery. I send ME sandys and ME wraps as they are bomb proof. I send them done up on the correct poppers so they simply undo then re-fasten everything (which helps if different people are doing the changes) I thought about sending pockets but wanted something a bit more bombproof as didn't want them complaining about leaks.

Never had a complaint from nursery. My 2 have been there only cloth bums.

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:09 pm

My nursery is happy using cloth. I send him in Pop-In's . I tried a few different ones from my stash, Sandy's, Ecobub's and Easyfits with the poppers set but they kept getting the fittings on the wrong poppers and had lot's of leaks.

Like everyone else, took the time to show them how to use and did so when he moved from the under 12 month room to the 1-2 year old room. They are fine with the Pop-in's and even with new staff in the room have no problems with them.

They rinse any really bad nappies and put them all in the wash bag provided.

Mine have been two of the three children in cloth at the nursery.

My avatar
ThreeDragons
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ThreeDragons » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:27 pm

all very helpful, thanks. Any more responses also welcomed.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat