Help for a complete newbie please!

My avatar
kelly2719
Clothie
Clothie

Help for a complete newbie please!

Postby kelly2719 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:31 am

Hello!
I am after some help about reusables please! I bought a box full of some sort of cloth nappies this morning at the bootsale, she only wanted £4 so I grabbed them but I have no idea what they are worth or what to do with them :giggle: .
So far I have looked at pocket and aioS but these are different. Id I tell you what there is coduld someone tell me how they work please?
There are 13 big pads that fold up that say 'mothercare smart nappy reusable pad' these are small and medium sizes.
7 wraps I think that say smart nappy outer in small and medium sizes
Some flushable liners
I assume the pad thing goes on with the wrap on top but not to sound stupid but does it just sit in it?
Also the wraps have like another bit in them, like a hammock bit :doh: I must sound so stupid!
Did I get a good deal?
Thank you x

My avatar
CrazyDiamond
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Help for a complete newbie please!

Postby CrazyDiamond » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:50 am

Hello !
i'm 6 months into cloth nappies and i'm still learning (and somewhat addicted to them .. they do get to you like that !)
- can't help much as i've not come across the mothercare ones, maybe check the mothercare website, i had to do this to get instructions for the steriliser my friend gave me that came with out instructions .. or ask in store ...
- £4 sounds a good deal to me tho.
Have fun !

My avatar
Princessmedi
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Princessmedi » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Yes,the pad sits inside the hammock bit.they're very easy to use :)

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:20 pm

The smartnappy inner might need boosting with some bamboo or hemp. I had one of the inserts and it was ok, but my dd was a heavy wetter. I used it to stuff pockets, so it is versatile.

My avatar
kelly2719
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kelly2719 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Thank you for all your help! xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat