hf1

Expanding my stash?

My avatar
Candygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Expanding my stash?

Postby Candygirl » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:01 pm

My new baby is due in July and I'm trying to decide what to buy. Ds2 will be about 16 moths when the new baby arrives and still in nappies. Currently we've got about 25 pockets and a few itti's. Baby is expected to be 7-8lbs like my other two. What do you think I should get? Thanks! X

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Expanding my stash?

Postby fivefourfour » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:11 pm

My newborn stash is pretty basic - size one bamboozles and various wraps, and then a load of teenyfits (feel free to look at my stash in my blog).

I think a lot of people prefer fitteds for a nb, for various reasons, mainly fit and containment of nb poo. Also, most places tend to advice on having about 20 nappies for a newborn, based on washing every other day.

Are your pockets one sized or sized? TBH, I think even one size nappies drown nbs so it might be best to invest in some small sized ones, Teenys are very popular, but they obviously don't last a baby forever, so there's usually a good supply on classifieds.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Lauren was 6lb11 and we liked:
Teenyfits, Real Easy xs, BG AIO xs
xs Sandies, Thirsties, Diddy Diapers
s Motherease Airflow & Rikki, s Blueberry (although we used xs fitteds, we used s wraps as added a LL size 1 booster in there as well :wink: )
We got most of our nb stash on Classifieds and sold them on again - worked out quite cheap! None of them lasted v long though because although she was quite dinky, her thighs are chubby :giggle:

My avatar
Candygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Candygirl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks for your replies. Yes most of what we have are OS except a few fuzzi's and the itti's. I suppose I'll have to wait end see how big baby is as to when the OS will fit and look for about 20 nappies. Thanks again. X

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:02 pm

It would be handy to have a few xs nappies in your stash for the first few weeks if you are planning to use cloth from birth

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Yes, especially ones with snap downs for the umbilical cord.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:35 pm

My favourites were diddy diapers and totsbots size 0 wraps :-)

My avatar
Candygirl
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Candygirl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks again. Which nappies have a snap down bit for the umbilical cord? Seem to remember some that did but I can't remember which ones! But then I did buy all my stash 3 years ago when ds1 was born! Thanks. X

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat