What to stuff my JR fitted with? **UPDATED**

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What to stuff my JR fitted with? **UPDATED**

Postby Rae » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:44 am

nic1 wrote:
Rae wrote:Glad it worked well for you. One to keep in mind for me, as I think my large night notions are very soon to be too small in the rise - ohh, how do they compare in that regard?

Well i do have 3 NN (2 are extra rise ones though) and the JR was on last leg popper and i consider Evies to be not that chunky really but that may have been all that boosting too that made her on last leg hole! :lol: :lol: She was on 2nd one in on waist and she's pretty slim.

Kayleigh's legs are getting chunky the more she walks. Maybe not the nappy for Kayleigh even if it is such a pretty one.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:23 am

Rae wrote:Glad it worked well for you. One to keep in mind for me, as I think my large night notions are very soon to be too small in the rise - ohh, how do they compare in that regard?

The rise on the JRs are much bigger than those on Large NNs...
Isabelle's legs are quite chunky and unboosted she's not on the last setting - it's only if I boost it loads that it goes onto the last popper setting...
I would make sure you go for an OBV (organic bamboo velour) one as they're stretchier - just don't ever tumbledry it!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:31 am

Velvetsteph wrote:I would make sure you go for an OBV (organic bamboo velour) one as they're stretchier - just don't ever tumbledry it!

Why not tumble dry it? I have a bamboo velour HL fitted and do tumble dry it as it takes forever to dry otherwise... :?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 am

Velvetsteph wrote:I would make sure you go for an OBV (organic bamboo velour) one as they're stretchier - just don't ever tumbledry it!

Is that the same type as i have too? I would have TD it if i hadn't seen this! :?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:05 pm

If you tumbledry bamboo velour it doesn't stay as soft - it goes a bit matted and you cook the fibres a bit... They stay much nicer and softer if you don't tumble dry them... Have to say our JR doesn't take that long to dry if it goes on the line outside (or even being hung up inside) but obv compared with TD it's slow...

It won't destroy it or make it shrink (I think) - it just won't be as super soft :)

I do TD my hemp, cotton and terry bamboo just not any BV...

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:33 pm

Ahhh i see Steph, thought you were going to say it would shrink!!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat