hf1

What nappies shall I replace my old worn out pop ins with?

My avatar
JoJoRD
Clothie
Clothie

What nappies shall I replace my old worn out pop ins with?

Postby JoJoRD » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Am just after some advice as some of them are getting a bit worn out now and am looking to buy some new ones. I prefer all in ones, one size, velcro fastening and unlike my bamboo pop ins could do with being quick drying! (they will be line/airer dried). Have been looking at tots bots but I remember I bought one for my eldest and found the outer shell was quite plasticky ad left nasty marks on her little legs. Also looking at pop-ins new minky nappies but wondering whether they will be absorbent enough? could def do with something trim as my youngest is a bit of a chunky monkey!!!! Thanks for your help.

My avatar
NaturalNursery
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: What nappies shall I replace my old worn out pop ins with?

Postby NaturalNursery » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:27 pm

I have been testing the new minky pop-in on my 10m old and have found them to be absorbent enough.

We mostly use a local nappy called Eccobots which is a bamboo nappy very much like a tots or a little lamb and the new pop-in has held its own compared to that.

hth

Axx

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Hippychick » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:05 am

If you're replacing after only 10 months then maybe the advantage of one-size has gone as they don't need to be small IYSWIM? Unless you wand them for another baby? How long do the new ones need to last?

I'd say for longevity two-parters last better: cotton dries quicker than banboo: some of my Motherase onesize are on bot number 3 (tho number 2 had huge tummy and outgrew them at 18 months). We ended up in size 3 tots bota and Toddle-ease ( both velcro) wirh xl motherease wraps. They were both good but very few people buy that karge so you don't really see many pre-loved, you'd have to buy new...

My avatar
JoJoRD
Clothie
Clothie

Postby JoJoRD » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks folks, I still haven't ruled out baby number 3 so would probably want to get one size again just in case.......!!! ideally want to avoid bamboo as really struggle to get them dry

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:54 am

I loved Tots Bots Easyfits :)

My avatar
Lorna
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Lorna » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Scotia wrote:I loved Tots Bots Easyfits :)

This, i love them too, the new ones are amazing :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat