hf1

Barrier Creams

My avatar
jenidjaimee
Clothie
Clothie

Barrier Creams

Postby jenidjaimee » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:18 am

Can you use Bepanthen/Sudocream on baby when you are using cloth nappies.

I read somewhere that you shouldn't as it affects the absorbency ?

Is this true ?

Jeni x

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Barrier Creams

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:28 am

Yep you shouldnt use it unless you use a liner. If you want to use it, then just pop a fleece liner in the nappy. You will prob need to scrub the liners with washing up liquid after a while as they will get impregnated with the cream.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:55 am

You're not supposed to use nappy cream with cloth, but we have done it a few times with no problems. I never put a lot on, just a little bit and make sure it's rubbed in properly (so the skin is skin coloured and not white). We only use it once in a while though, and our nappies are fine (mostly fleece lined pockets and Easyfits). We've never even needed to strip wash them.

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:08 am

We used cj's butter when Catrin had awful eczema nappy rash, never had a problem with build up on nappies with that as it washes away really easily but gives really good protection on the skin

My avatar
jenidjaimee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jenidjaimee » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:55 am

I have ordered little lamb fleece liners and will really only use Drapolene if there is any sign of a nappy rash starting DD was fine never really had any trouble but DS cut teeth through his bum and had the most horrendous nappy rash at 9 months open skin etc etc :(

Thanks ladies you have been a great help x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Natural nappy balms are fine to use on babies bottom & are much better for them too as there is no nasty chemicals in them. Some ladies on here use waitrose baby bottom butter which is a lovely natural product. Looking online they also sell badger balm which is a lovely product too.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat