hf1

RNW what have you bought?

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: RNW what have you bought?

Postby Johanna21 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:42 pm

I was feeling I'd got a bit carried away with my fluff purchases this week, both new and through the classifieds here. Having read other people's lists though I think I've been very restrained. I may have to go shopping again :D

My avatar
Star02
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Star02 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 pm

I'd best get posting then :lol:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Star02 wrote:
Louise wrote:Absolutely nothing!! I don't really use non WAHM nappies so most of the discounts don't appeal to me. Plus I am saving for appliances and new pretty accessories to go in my new kitchen :widesmile:

Star02 wrote:Not much so far, trying to decide what else to buy :giggle:

So far only

WN Bv wipes
1 small OWW
and some yarn.

I'm tempted by the dunk and fluff offer on fb but I've not tried them before, I just really like the fabrics :giggle:

:love: :love: :love: my Dunk n Fluffs. M's newest ones are so absorbent. I feel they will be making up the majority of M's large stash. I will wait until the co-op next month to order mine though :D

More than OWW? Now I've got the hang of these I love them and they're so soft. I've got 1 pre loved d&f to try but they're sized big arn't they? So it won't fit O for ages. I can't do co-op, so the free shipping would probably be good for me :widesmile:

I don't find DnF that big, Aubrey is wearing small OWW and small DnF now and he's nearly 9lb at 2 weeks old. He will outgrow the rise on the OWW before the DnFs though. DnF are my favourite nappies, nearly all of Aubrey's medium and large stash is DnF

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:01 pm

I agree with miss_purple; I think the DnF sizes are quite stingy actually...oww's are more generous and even more so if you're comparing fabric knit with super stretchy bamboo velour.

I've ordered holdens landings-three of them!!! Can - not - wait!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Dora wrote:I agree with miss_purple; I think the DnF sizes are quite stingy actually...oww's are more generous and even more so if you're comparing fabric knit with super stretchy bamboo velour.

I think its so interesting how nappies fit all our babies so differently. I found that my small and medium OWWs are much smaller than their equivalent DnFs both when laid out next to each other and when on my DD's bottom!! The rise on the OWWs is much much smaller and DD outgrew the rise on the OWWs way before the recommended maximum weight!! Her M OWWs give her builder's bum whereas there's still masses of growing room in the DnFs. Large OWWs on the other hand are absolutely HUGE and do not fit DD at all yet!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Louise wrote:
Dora wrote:I agree with miss_purple; I think the DnF sizes are quite stingy actually...oww's are more generous and even more so if you're comparing fabric knit with super stretchy bamboo velour.

I think its so interesting how nappies fit all our babies so differently. I found that my small and medium OWWs are much smaller than their equivalent DnFs both when laid out next to each other and when on my DD's bottom!! The rise on the OWWs is much much smaller and DD outgrew the rise on the OWWs way before the recommended maximum weight!! Her M OWWs give her builder's bum whereas there's still masses of growing room in the DnFs. Large OWWs on the other hand are absolutely HUGE and do not fit DD at all yet!

I'm with you on the large oww's. They could probably fit me they're so big. I was shocked when I got some. Thinking of the fit difference between DnF's and oww's-perhaps its a difference between sidesnaps and crossovers (esp because my lo has enormous chubby thighs!) X

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:54 pm

I've bought a Fuzzi Bunz One Size Elite to decide whether i like them and then I might go back for more :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Dora wrote:
Louise wrote:

I'm with you on the large oww's. They could probably fit me they're so big. I was shocked when I got some. Thinking of the fit difference between DnF's and oww's-perhaps its a difference between sidesnaps and crossovers (esp because my lo has enormous chubby thighs!) X

We suffer from enormous chubby thigh syndrome here too! :lol: I've always found that side snaps and front fastening nappies fit differently. I could never use ffs on my other 3 as we could not get a good fit at all whereas they seem to fit Mia well.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 am

DS currently has pretty skinny thighs, and both OWW and DnF fit him well at the moment. I couldn't use front fastening nappies on DD at all as her big tummy rolled the top of the nappy down, we don't have that problem with DS.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat