hf1

What is the best cloth to start a newborn in?

My avatar
elena
Clothie
Clothie

What is the best cloth to start a newborn in?

Postby elena » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:16 pm

I have several one-size Baby Kangas pockets but they do look rather large even on small setting for a newborn. I also have about 6 boxes of various disposables for a newborn (bought before considering cloth).

I was wondering if people agree that there is nothing difficult with a newborn in cloth and if yes, what is the best one to use. And if my fear of one-size on a newborn is justified... :roll:

The newborn in question is still safely tucked in (due in two months)... :thumbsup:

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What is the best cloth to start a newborn in?

Postby leal123 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm not sure about one size on a nb as the ones we had would definitely not have fitted straight away. I did love the OWW, XS and small fitted nappies though.
I'm sure someone else will be along with better recommendations soon

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:28 pm

A newborn in cloth is easy :wink:
On William I liked xs sandies, xs oww teenyfits, gah can't remember what else we used now lol. Most people say birth to potty are huge on new borns

My avatar
elena
Clothie
Clothie

Postby elena » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Thanks for that! What about LL bamboo ones? Are they any good with some ME wraps that people are recommending?

My avatar
elena
Clothie
Clothie

Postby elena » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Just because I looked for OWW and they are v hard to come by I understand...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:43 pm

LL bamboo are good (we have a big piddler so have to really boost though) but they can be bulky on a new born, great for a few weeks old, our last baby was 9lb 2oz and he was about 2 or 3 weeks when he started wearing his

My avatar
elena
Clothie
Clothie

Postby elena » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Thank you Kirsty. I do not expect a huge baby, she is just bang on the average in charts, so should I consider XS oww size wise?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:17 pm

I loved our tots bots size 1 nippa fastenings (very similar to little lambs)

Teenyfits are also worth a look although they almost always need boosting, but one little lamb bamboo booster is all that is needed.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:19 pm

BTP nappies are absolutely HUGE on a newborn! :lol: My last two DDs were both 6lb 13oz. For non WAHM nappies bimbles, nature babies loveables, thirsties and diddy diapers are a good fit. The WAHM nappies we used from birth were XS Owe Whoa When and Hollow Oak newborn with XS Dunk n Fluff and NB Holdens Landing at a couple of weeks old. Green Panda nappies are similar in design to OWWs and are slightly easier to get hold of. If you want to try pockets then Teenyfits or newborn bumgenius AIO both fit from 5/6lbs.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat