hf1

What is the best cloth to start a newborn in?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What is the best cloth to start a newborn in?

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:38 pm

gosh yes a btp would have even been huge on William.
DunkNfluff are great nappies. I have a Green Panda on order to try and if like Louise says they fit like oww then the xs would be fab on your bubba.

don't take too much heed of growth charts, I was told our first was going to be a 6lb tiddler and he was an average 8lb'r. I would get a few xs and smalls,

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:50 pm

DS was 7lb 11oz and btp would still be huge on him at nearly 3 weeks old and 9lb+

We used size 0 Kissaluvs for the first couple of weeks, they were perfect for the early days as they popper under the cord, but now DS is moving into smalls as he's very long. We loved XS OWW, NB Fluff n Stuff, and a few other fitted nappies (I'm selling my newborn stash here if you want preloved nappies
LL size 1 viewtopic.php?f=57&t=102296
Newborn fitteds viewtopic.php?f=57&t=102645 ).

My avatar
elena
Clothie
Clothie

Postby elena » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Thank you Danika, I would be interested in fluff n stuff, can you please pm me when the pics are up?

I am still unclear if I need to buy wraps also for these and if yes, which ones I should go for? Is it ME?

My avatar
elena
Clothie
Clothie

Postby elena » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:33 am

...And what about Bumgenius Econobum Onesize Nappy Cover - are they any good?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:14 am

Louise wrote:BTP nappies are absolutely HUGE on a newborn! :lol:

That entirely depends on the newborn - they fitted the Gorilla. :hohoho:

A pretty decent non-WAHM nappy for newborns is a Sandy's. Go for bamboo, for absorbency. They work well with Motherease rikki or airflow wraps. They're reasonably slim fitting, even for a newborn. :)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:01 am

elena wrote:Thank you Danika, I would be interested in fluff n stuff, can you please pm me when the pics are up?

I am still unclear if I need to buy wraps also for these and if yes, which ones I should go for? Is it ME?

yes, all fitted nappies need a wrap, so those I have listed need wraps over. We use wool now, but also sometimes use pul wraps too. It doesn't really matter which brand you use, they all do the same job, so it's personal preference reallly.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:08 am

I love easy peast bimbles and xs oww here. Although Evie wa only in nb cloth a few days. She was a big and long baby.

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 am

I have a selection of xs oww xs sandies Diddy diapers and teenyfits for bump :)
i made the mistake of buying just birth to potty for TJ but then nothing fitted till he was about 5 weeks old they were huge
xoxo

My avatar
elena
Clothie
Clothie

Postby elena » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:26 am

Thank you everyone! So much to choose from!! :thumbsup:
I have tried to sell the idea of cloth to dh (who already raised 4 kids from babyhood and used exclusively disposables) on the basis of price ahead of environmental concerns, so seeing some of these more funky nappies like oww selling for 20GBP and no availability is rather shocking :shock: :roll: That said they do look so lush, I wonder how they feel on the little bottoms :giggle:
I think I will be trying to seek out the bargains.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat