hf1

Teething and Bedtime

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Teething and Bedtime

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:30 am

I have started using 2 part nappies at night as Erin became a heavier wetter!! She does drink a lot of water but I don't want to limit it as it's good for her especially with the heat and mugginess even when it's raining!

Anyway I think she is teething again as her wee is pongy and girlybits sore.

The thing is it is disrupting her sleep. Yesterday at 4am i ended up changing her bum and she finally went to sleep after being up since 1am crying (i'd already tried everything else) I really didn't think it would have been her bum after I have already changed my nappies to 2 parts etc but she went straight back down to sleep!!!

So last night I made the decision to change her bum when we went to bed (which ended up about midnight whoops :shock: ) and she had wee'd LOADS and it stank lol she slept through til 6am this morning. (she didn't really wake up I did it in her cot)

Thing is her nappy this morning was practically dry! So she definitely wee's the most in the first part of the night... maybe I shouldn't give her so much water in the evening.

I think I need to get some more hemp inserts I think. Is there anything I can put in to help keep her dry when she is a bit sore and teething?

Does anyone else have to do late nappy changes? maybe i should just do this every night? She is definitely teething and seems to only be this bad when she is teething because her wee stings her.

Tired from Northants.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:01 am

I can't help but we have the same problem here - Isabelle wees for britain before about midnightish but hardly at all between then and 5/6am (whenever she wakes!)...

She also drinks loads of water in addition to mummy milk before bed and yes - teething wee STINKS of ammonia! There's not an awful lot you can do about the smell - regularly stripping the nappies does seem to help but not much else!

Funnily enough I think Isabelle is teething again as her nappies are horrible, the wet ones pongy and the pooey ones splodgy (TMI!!), she's got sore bits that look like they might be thrush (managing to keep on top of it for now) and she's poorly today which usually heralds a new tooth...

She's been very clingy and frustrated the last few days, she wants to play but feels unwell so doesn't enjoy it!

What nappies are you using at night? I presume they're fleece lined?!

I find bamboo baby beehinds are the best nappies - and as I've got several on bad nights (or nights I suspect she'll flood the place!) I put two long boosters in and that seems to do the trick. They're not fleece lined tho' so I use my home made extra large fleece liners...

The second thing is use wool wraps, PUL just seems to excacerbate rashes when used at night - and while fleece is okay we got loads of leaks using that where we've had only 1 using wool ('cos it needed washing!)

More hemp would probably work - make sure they've got microfibre over the top as you know...

I hope some of that ramble helps, or at least reasurres you you're not alone!

Tired from Manchester

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:06 pm

Using a bumble and an ellas house now, one PUL wrap and one fleece wrap. I bought them to try out but do need to get a couple more now I like them.

I think while she is teething I will just change her bum when I go to bed as this worked last night. I guess when her wee is normal it doesn't sting her iykwim I do need to get a few more hemp inserts too.

I'm glad I'm not alone though thanks Steph :D

Erin is defo teething we have all the signs! sloppy poo, stinky wee, biting my fingers and her eczema has flared which it does tend to do when she is run down.

Ho hum joys of motherhood pmsl!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:31 pm

Well, I think we have at last cracked the night nappy - I ordered a hemp and terry Stuffie and it is fab. You can boost it so much more than my Huggles and it gives a much better fit. I boosted it with 2 extra hemp boosters and a mf cloth and covered it in wool and the outside was dry in the morning and 'cos it is fleece lined so was she. The other great thing is that you can turn them inside out to dry so that is quicker than the Huggles too. I have ordered 2 more :D

Although I like the Baby Beehinds, I can't get a good fit if I boost them and they are not fleece lined.

For hemp boosters, I bought Easy Peasy ones for £2 each (free postage) and they are perfect.

Annette

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:56 pm

Charliemum wrote:For hemp boosters, I bought Easy Peasy ones for £2 each (free postage) and they are perfect.

Annette

Where did you get them?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:02 pm

Go to the easy peasy shop at easypeasynappies.co.uk

Annette

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:28 am

Gosh thats less than 1/2 the price of the EH hemp ones!!! I paid £4.50 for mine (hence why I then got the sewing machine out :lol: :wink: ). How many layers are they?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:22 am

I don't think they are as big as the EH ones, they are a bit smaller than a pocket insert. They are 6 layers of hemp jersey. so do take a while to dry!

I have a few of them as they are good as boosters or extra pocket inserts and I thought they were a good price.

Annette

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:48 am

I think that is a really good price, especially if its 6 layers, the eh is only 4 so even if its smaller it should be as absorbant! :D

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat