hf1

Weenotions - how long did your lo last in mediums?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Weenotions - how long did your lo last in mediums?

Postby rachymoo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:10 pm

It’s been waaaay too long since I placed a Weenotions custom order :giggle: so I am been designing a few ideas for some new ones today! Just not sure what size to go for though? I want a couple of WNNL. Last ones I bought new were pockets and I bought medium high rise (do they even still do the high rise option?!), Jake was about 2 or 3 months old and they still fit him! He has slimmed down a lot and no longer has chunky Michelin man style legs :giggle: so in fact a lot of his medium nappies that I bought when he was very young still fit him on the same snaps that they did then!

So I’m wondering whether to go for medium again or whether I should go for large so that they’ll last longer – because he’s going to grow eventually, right?! I do have one large WNNL that was Lilly’s which he does wear, he has a bit of leg gape but I *think* the leg elastic might be a bit loose (I’m not 100% as it was bought preloved, it doesn’t seem very stretchy though if that makes sense). It never leaks though.

He is 13 months, I haven’t had him weighed for months but at a guess I’d say he’s about 20lb. Havent measured him for ages either! Any advice gratefully received :)

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Weenotions - how long did your lo last in mediums?

Postby Dora » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Not sure how much help this is (!) but I found when I tried a large pocket (ss) on my lo at 20lbs it didn't fit very well and there wasn't a lot of growing room either because they don't stretch ifyswim. I'd deffo get the higher rise at least if you can get it as you're lo is already at the 20lb weight range (and probably the higher rise height as well) but...every baby is different. My lo is in their medium fitteds with no problem though :shock: x

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:16 pm

I am still pondering - so indecisive lol!

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:19 pm

I would go straight in to a large or one size x Tabitha fits the larges x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 pm

LilMrsAverage wrote:I would go straight in to a large or one size x Tabitha fits the larges x

WSS. M is in larges too and has been for a while.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Ooh really? Thank you ladies I think I'll go for large then! The mediums do still fit on the legs etc but I was starting to worry a bit about the rise, he is quite long/tall! Thanks :)

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Mon May 28, 2012 12:32 am

I'd say larges. My LO was 20lbs when I bought my first WN and it fits well :)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon May 28, 2012 6:22 am

Bella slimmed back into mediums before she was taken out of cloth, but she was older than your Jake at that point. I'd probably go with larges, but maybe think about the standard rise if the rise on the medium is ok.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat