hf1

How to store/use nappies

My avatar
pascoa341
Clothie
Clothie

How to store/use nappies

Postby pascoa341 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:03 am

Again a beginners question here. We have quite a few nappies now of different sorts and I am wondering how to save them. In particular the ones with extra inserts (e.g. we have some Little Lambs bamboo and these come with two inserts). Do you keep the inserts separately, or do you just put them in before storage and use it all in one go. Bit of a silly question maybe, but I now have a bunch of inserts lying around and I'm not certain if it is easier to have them in the nappy already in storage.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: How to store/use nappies

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 04, 2012 9:05 am

All napppies are put together as soon as they are dry, inserts and liners in etc. Then put in to the storage ladder :D

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri May 04, 2012 9:07 am

I build all our nappies up ready to go once they are dry.
Means I can just grab one when I need to.

Wrestling a wriggling toddler & dirty nappy is bad enough without having to build the nappy too

Our changing unit is ontop of a chest of drawers
1st drawer : wipes, pockets & Ai2's
2nd drawer: fitteds
3rd drawer: liners, wraps, boosters, wet bags. (all organised into drawer dividers from ikea)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 am

I haven't got any little lambs but as far as I know they only come with one soaker. Are they two soakers or could one be a liner? I know their fleece liners are quite thick. All of my nappies are made up and popped in the storage ladder. Any extra boosters and inserts are stored in one of M's drawers. If you don't think you're going to be using them then you can always sell them on.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri May 04, 2012 9:12 am

Little lambs come with a booster and a v fluffy liner if they are size 1s. We make nappies up as they are dry and then store in storage boxes in a shelving unit. We have a drawer for spare inserts and liners.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri May 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Our nappies are also all made up ready when they are dry so when it's change time, I just grab a nappy without having to match up inserts :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Louise wrote:I haven't got any little lambs but as far as I know they only come with one soaker. Are they two soakers or could one be a liner?

That is right, they come with one booster and a fluffy liner which most people don't like

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat