hf1

Poop advice - not sure where to put question sorry.

My avatar
dodda
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Poop advice - not sure where to put question sorry.

Postby dodda » Fri May 11, 2012 11:00 am

Thanks for all your replies. I have just ordered some disposable liners to try out as well so we'll see how we get on. I just hope everything hurries up and comes...

Xx

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sat May 12, 2012 6:48 am

sophie90 wrote:We have been trying out cloth on our 11 month old who is a super heavy wetter!! I find his wet nappies (Esp overnighters) smell far worse than any poop he does and we are still having teething poop and he has a few allergies and sensitive tummy/skin too.. So far we have been using wetbgas as opposed to bucket but thinking about getting a bucket as our eldest can get into the bag (NOT FUN!!)
We dont rinse at all, just chuck everything straight into the wash and we've had no staining and no problems so far..(tempting fate there)
We are using fleece liners as Ds2 has a very sensitive botty, and atm has a fungal infection (we've been on disps since the infection came up because I didnt want to hinder absorbancy by getting creams all stuck inside nappies) But when the infection starts to clear up we are heading back over to cloth as it was far better on his skin and I have heard that creams are easy to scrub out of fleece liners using washing up liquid :)

We had this in reverse my DS got into our nappy bucket :puke: which is why I swapped to using wet bags I just hung a hook on the bvk of the door sobhe can't reach it.

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:50 am

We have been trying out cloth on our 11 month old who is a super heavy wetter!! I find his wet nappies (Esp overnighters) smell far worse than any poop he does and we are still having teething poop and he has a few allergies and sensitive tummy/skin too.. So far we have been using wetbgas as opposed to bucket but thinking about getting a bucket as our eldest can get into the bag (NOT FUN!!)
We dont rinse at all, just chuck everything straight into the wash and we've had no staining and no problems so far..(tempting fate there)
We are using fleece liners as Ds2 has a very sensitive botty, and atm has a fungal infection (we've been on disps since the infection came up because I didnt want to hinder absorbancy by getting creams all stuck inside nappies) But when the infection starts to clear up we are heading back over to cloth as it was far better on his skin and I have heard that creams are easy to scrub out of fleece liners using washing up liquid :)

My avatar
thehappycrocheter
Clothie
Clothie

Postby thehappycrocheter » Sat May 26, 2012 10:35 am

My son goes through periods of time like this - several poos every day. His poor little bottom gets so sore during those times! :(

I keep some harder wearing nappies around for these times - plain cotton, no fleece etc. - then I can put whatever cream on him I need or want. I DON'T USE disposable liners during these times!!! They stick to his little bottom and tear the skin. Just fleece, or no liner at all, just the cotton nappy.

Nature Babies and Motherease Wraps will contain AMAZING explosions. Everything fails once in a while, of course, but far and away, better than any other product at containing poo, diarrhea (sp?), whatever!

My avatar
Nimyue
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Nimyue » Mon May 28, 2012 12:24 am

I definitely recommend wetbags! I used a bucket until dd started eating food. I use 2 large wetbags, my favorite of the two is Monkey Foot by far. Their zippers are really strong and easy to do up and down with only 1 hand. Very important when your other hand is full of dirty nappy!

I use fleece liners. I found the disposable ones just end up getting scrunched and I was dealing with poo all over the nappy anyway. The fleece liners stay put better and are easy to rinse off into the bucket from the shower head. I still bf my LO for most of her food and the just a little bit of food but mostly bf poo is seriously sticky! Sorry TMI probably. However, I found the bucket to be more expedient than the toilet.

Wetbags are also perfect for traveling so worth having a few anyway. But I LOVE that I can dunk the dirties in there, I don't smell it, and I just unzip and dunk everything out into the washer and toss the bag in. They make laundry much easier!

And PS yes overnight pee nappies are the smelliest thing in the planet... they have poo nappies beat hands down!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat