hf1

Cotton Nappy Question

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Cotton Nappy Question

Postby aimeet » Thu May 17, 2012 7:01 pm

We have a few cotton ones and sometimes they only last 1/2 hour :o we pretty much only use bamboo now. Nothing else works for us.

My avatar
DebbieP
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby DebbieP » Fri May 18, 2012 7:53 am

Gosh, I may get some if they are cheap enough and if they work they work and if they don't they don't! All trial and errorI guess!

Thanks again ladies

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri May 18, 2012 8:25 am

Cotton never worked for us. Both my lo's could out pee them within the hour! Little lamb Nappies have bargain deals on their bargain page of their website - £3 a nappy
posted, can't complain at that bargain! x

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:56 am

I used cotton diddy diapers almost exclusively for the first few weeks and loved them. They went at least as long as my xs WAHM nappies. I moved onto size 1 bamboozles which went slightly longer but only because they had a sewn in booster.

Actually I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I'm not convinced bamboo is much more absorbent than cotton. I currently use both bamboo and cotton little lambs and totsbots fitteds on dd and I don't notice any difference at all in how long they last. Both will go 2-3 hrs unboosted (well with the sewn in booster) and 3-4 hrs with an extra EP hemp booster.

My avatar
Vanilla
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Vanilla » Fri May 18, 2012 11:04 am

I like cotton as well, it works fine for us - for my 3 week old i am using a mix of AIOs (bg xs, bambootys, lil joeys etc) and some xs cotton sandies. I really like the sandies, although they do seem rather thin so I tend to boost them with a bamboo booster. But they fit great, there's no chance of leaks unlike with the AIOs, and I picked them up very cheaply from ebay etc. Boosted, they last really well on my daughter, she is not a heavy wetter though. She even ended up having a boosted sandies on overnight last night for almost 6 hours, the bamboo booster caught & held a good amount of wee so the whole nappy was not saturated as I was expecting.

I find the bumgenius xs the least absorbant of all the nappies I have, it doesn't take much wee at all so I'm glad i don;t have a heavy wetter! However they are so convenient and dry super quickly, so it doesn't really matter too much, also they can be boosted with a small bamboo booster as well which makes a massive difference. I also have 1 cotton terry diddy diaper & wish I had more, as it seems to last really well & I don't even boost it as that makes it a bit bulky. They are nice & cheap too.

My SIL used only cotton nappies (the old totsbots) on her 2 kids until they were potty trained, she was quite happy with cotton, although I think she had to boost them more for the younger child who was a heavier wetter.

justme123 wrote:Actually I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I'm not convinced bamboo is much more absorbent than cotton. I currently use both bamboo and cotton little lambs and totsbots fitteds on dd and I don't notice any difference at all in how long they last. Both will go 2-3 hrs unboosted (well with the sewn in booster) and 3-4 hrs with an extra EP hemp booster.

Hmm this is very interesting, you could be right, I always just assume bamboo is way more absorbant as that's what you get told, but atm I am finding cotton just as effective - I am using the LL bamboo boosters instead of cotton ones (i have both) as the bamboo is much slimmer which means it doesn't make the nappy too bulky.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat