Advice for 2 babies in cloth please!

My avatar
Ilovebigbear74
Clothie
Clothie

Advice for 2 babies in cloth please!

Postby Ilovebigbear74 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Hello!

I have a 10 monthold and a 2 year old in cloth nappies atm. Have been using cloth for about 3 months ish, and it is going well so far. Howver, i would like to start using night nappies too, and it seems that I can hardly fit the whole lot in the washer for one wash every other day! I really don't want to wash every day if i can help it!

What do you all do if you have 2 in cloth full time please?

Thanks!
xx

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Advice for 2 babies in cloth please!

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun May 27, 2012 1:43 pm

I had twins in cloth full time, and had to wash every day, or every day and a half. it wasnt too bad to be honest.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun May 27, 2012 2:44 pm

I have 2 in cloth too :) a 2 year old and 3 month old. I try to wasd every day. I put them on to wash at night and finish off with rinsing in the morning. I try also to stay on top of putting them together, usually after the wee ones are in bed. They have a drawer each for nappies and go in in order of fitteds and aio or pockets. I am a little ocd about them though.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sun May 27, 2012 5:12 pm

When I had two in cloth I'd wash everyday to day and a half. Once you get into the swing it's nothing really.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun May 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Iv had two in cloth twice now and each time I stepped up the washing so that the load wasnt huge each time and washed either everyday or everyother at the most :) Otherwise it was a huge task to do the nappy wash!

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Sun May 27, 2012 6:51 pm

I had 2 in cloth for 10 months until Christopher potty trained and will have 2 in cloth again in September. I did a wash every 1.5 days - we have a 7kg machine. I used to wash when the 2 buckets were full.

Yvette

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun May 27, 2012 7:04 pm

We have 2 in cloth, including night nappies, and we wash pretty much every day. I don't think there is a way of avoiding a daily wash unless they are both light wetters or if you have a big washing machine :giggle:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun May 27, 2012 7:14 pm

aimeet wrote:I have 2 in cloth too :) a 2 year old and 3 month old. I try to wasd every day. I put them on to wash at night and finish off with rinsing in the morning. I try also to stay on top of putting them together, usually after the wee ones are in bed. They have a drawer each for nappies and go in in order of fitteds and aio or pockets. I am a little ocd about them though.

WSS
This was me a couple of months back.
To be honest putting the wash on takes no time at all it's probably only an extra 5 mins a day. I generally found it easier to wash every day than to struggle fitting them in the bin or struggle overloading the machine ect I would put them on to rince when they had their bath on the wash when they were asleep, rince before breakfast and then hang out by evening the were usually dry those that weren't would get a tumble. And I would fold whilst watching a bit of TV. But I love folding my nappies I am a total addict thou.

My avatar
Ilovebigbear74
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ilovebigbear74 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Wow thanks everyone for your replies!

Right, that's me motivated to have them both in night nappies too and to do a wash every 1 and a half days ish.

Here in Bedfordshire it has been hot hot hot so nappies dry quickly which is an advantage! my "flock" as my husband calls them are still on the line as we speak.

Another question for you Super Mums with 2 in cloth out there-how do you store the used nappies-do most of you have 2 buckets or wet bags or a combo?

Also- any hints on storage/changing stations? Currently I have one changing station downstairs and one in my oldest's room. I am one my own with the 2 of them full time as neither goes to preschool or anything like that, so it has to be really easy. I am always having to put a dirty nappy on the floor as the bucket is downstaits, or not put a liner in because i used the last one and the rest are upstairs etc etc!!! Now DD is sleeping much better i have more energy to get sorted-go on, inspire me!!!!!!

Thanks tons!!!! :dancing:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat