hf1

Just need to tell someone who cares about my nb stash

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Just need to tell someone who cares about my nb stash

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:49 am

No idea how but my nb stash has suddenly hit 19 nappies which has shocked me cos I've been stealth buying.

4 i'm not sure of but will be good for emergencies etc.

But greatest bargain has been 6 teeny fits, v2 brand new for the equivalent of 50 quid. They were 20% off and she either got my order wrong our gave me an extra for free.

So all I need now its a couple of wraps which I won't get till the baby arrives and I know the size and flavor, and probably 5 more sandies

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Just need to tell someone who cares about my nb stash

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:28 am

I would aim for the 30 mark for nb nappies. You can bulk out your stash with prefolds or terries tho as they are fast drying and we use them now for cloths and moping things

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:48 am

I'm just not sure Dh will cope with pre folds, he used to loose it with the toots with all the different ones. I might just try and pick up some cheap Terry sandies rather than bamboo

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:07 am

Terry squares can be folded into shape then nippad on - my dh could manage it so long as I'd folded them first.

I'm quite surprised by my nb stash too! Although I do have a few smalls in there too - I can't remember how they worked for us at teeny stage, so will be trial and error.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:08 am

You will need a fair few more, they poop every time they fart lol!! I liked xs sandies and xs OWW and xs dunk and fluff but teenyfits were amazing, get more lol

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:13 am

It is strange how we all like different nappies, I didn't get on with the teenyfits we had and J only pooed 3x a day max,now at 6 weeks it's once a day.N pooed after every feed!. I liked xs sandies,xs OWW, xs DnFs and the nb swaddlbees for the v early days. Bamboo nature babies loveables were good too.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 am

Teenyfits were awful for Emmet, great fit but he out-pee'd them in an hour from birth! I agree you need lots more, I would have been lost without a small nappy stash that was on loan to me @red_dwarf :thumbsup: in addition to my own.

I really did underestimate the number of nappies you can get through in a day...........and all the poops when you have just put a fresh nappy on :roll:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:45 am

I found the teenyfits bulky on Aaliyah to start with (and she was 8lb 13oz born) and by the time I liked the fit of them she could outpee them very quickly even with a little lamb bamboo and easy peasy mini hemp boosters in :shock: My all time favourite teeny nappy was xs OWW - if I did it all over again I would have an entire stash of those :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:16 am

I've only bothered with 24 nappies from birth, which suited both Callum and Iris fine, washing every other day. They grow so quickly that newborn size just isn't worth it, IMHO. I bulked out Callum's stash with some one-size Piddle Poddles, Bububebe and Baby Beehinds. They might be bulky on a smaller baby, but I found the containment fine. And given he was a summer baby, getting clothes to fit over the top wasn't an issue - he only wore a nappy and vest much of the time. The advantage of OS, obviously, is he's still in them now, so not as wasteful cost-wise.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat