hf1

Improving stash for newborn dd aug and 16 month old

My avatar
Mummygrant08
Clothie
Clothie

Improving stash for newborn dd aug and 16 month old

Postby Mummygrant08 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:07 am

Hi all, I have a16 month old and am due in august. I am trying to work out what I need to buy for my newborn stash and to get ds into cloth overnight. For ds I have flips, baba and boo and pop ins. For nb I have 6 diddy diapers, 4 bg newborns and two little lambs. I want to use cloth overnight straight away with newborn. So I have a few questions, can I use pop ins over night with ds, if so what with? Wool? Also, how much wool do u need? Whats best for newborns overnight? Any help gratefully received!

My avatar
Mummygrant08
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Improving stash for newborn dd aug and 16 month old

Postby Mummygrant08 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:12 am

Forgot to say I also have 8 ll bamboos which I use to boost pop in dream dris but I defo need more!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:11 am

We have found day nappies overnight initially are fine as u are changing so often.I am using little lamb bamboos on my 6 week old with an extra booster.Mind u he doesn't seem to poo at night like his brother did at the same age so may get night nappies soon.It really depends on how heavy a wetter your baby is and how much u want to spend.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:06 pm

We used little lambs at night for a wee while as well but had to really boost them so we switched to dedicated night nappies but even they needed changing a couple of times.
Never tried pop ins so can't help there and when our daughter was in cloth at night we used dedicated night nappies for her as well, usually Wildchild and luscious little somethings

What else are you planning on getting for your nb? I would get another 10 or so, our favourites were xs Dunk N Fluff, xs OWW, Little Gumnut and teenyfits x

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:42 pm

we used day nappies initially for nights, pop ins (unboosted) were fine overnight for us up to about 6 months old. then we used boosted tb stretch or minki fleece pockets for a while before switching to proper night nappies about 13 months. If you already have flips they can be used overnight with 2 inserts.

I recently bought some totsbots easyfit v3's for DD but now she has decided to PT during the day they were not being used so the last 3 nights i have tried them with a large pop in insert as a booster and much to my surprise they have lasted 12hrs overnight with no leaks! (my DD outwees most night nappies). Might be worth a try as both your lo's could use them for day or night then.

My avatar
Mummygrant08
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummygrant08 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Thank you! Yes i forgot how often you have to change newborns so day nappies should be fine at night and then i will try the popins with some ll's to boost.

Kirstyh, I really like the teenyfits but need to find some preloved as I am on a tight budget so depends if I can find some at the right price! LL's are doing an offer on their size 1's so I have been debating about getting 10 of them (for £35). I have 4 wraps so think that will be enough......

Little1, do you think the flips with 2 inserts will be ok for my ds? Or did u mean for the nb? I am worried he will leak through and now he sleeps through the night, the idea of him waking is scaring me a little!! :)

Lazylexis, yes gonna get some little lamb bamboos I think as they are on offer.....

Thank u x

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 pm

I used 2 inserts (1 organic, 1 staydry) on occasion overnight with DD from about 13 months to 2 years and didn't have any leaks, does give LO a rather large bottom tho :giggle:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat