hf1

What nappies to use on large toddler please?!

My avatar
shafters1976
Clothie
Clothie

What nappies to use on large toddler please?!

Postby shafters1976 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi there, my daughter has just turned two, she's quite tall and round and seems to have a very large bladder. I've always used bambooty, ittis, flips, bumgenius, issys, blueberry, but now I can barely do up most of her nappies, particularly when heavily boosted, and others just get saturated when she does a big pee. I'm fed up of changing her outfit after every big pee.

What would you recommend? I'm quite lazy - I prefer AIOs, but realise that I might have to let go of this preference if I want to keep her in cloth.

Thanks!

Marie

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What nappies to use on large toddler please?!

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Fitteds are by far the most absorbent option. What are you stuffing you pockets with? I didn't get on with bambooty with our youngest and could never put an itti on him, far too much of a piddler,

Is you daughter any where near potty training? xx

My avatar
shafters1976
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shafters1976 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:12 am

i reckon I'm a good few months from potty training, and I'm not in a rush as currently dealing with a very young baby boy too. I never got on with fitteds, other than flips I just didn't like wraps, shame really because I'm now aware that this would be the best option. I stuff our pockets with bumgenius inserts mainly, and some greenbaby organic inserts and some bamboo, I aso have issy bear inserts and blueberry inserts, nothing cuts the mustard!

I'm currently using bambooty on my new son and finding that they are not working, I'll be very sad if I can't use bambooty and ittis for him, I loved those nappies with my daughter, they work for my lazy nature!

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:31 am

Fitteds :D

But the most absorbant pocket I found was Thirsties. Was very stuffable, very good fit, and nicely squishy. Plus it was really big, so fitted her better than other larges and os nappies once she got older (she's top of the centiles for height and weight).

I stuffed with a prefold, plus some hemp/bamboo and microfibre wrapped around it (thin cloth). My dd was a heavy wetter and this combo worked really well once she was in pre potty training stage, when she'd hold it in then flood the nappy.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:49 am

If you don't like wraps what about a fleece or wook soaker over a fitted? That would be the best option for a heavy wetter. I hate PUL wraps with a passion so my youngest wears wool and fitteds 99% of the time with an occasional pocket. I've also heard that Real Easy AIOs are generously sized so the L or XL should fit well. You'll possibly need to boost them though.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:56 am

Large OweWhoaWhen are fab fitteds which still fit my 4 year old at night. There's often some on classifieds. Skirties over fitteds is a cute, practical look :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:59 am

Frances wrote:Large OweWhoaWhen are fab fitteds which still fit my 4 year old at night. There's often some on classifieds. Skirties over fitteds is a cute, practical look :)

Oh yes, Ms large OWWs are HUGE, still debating whether to sell them on TBH as we aren't getting on great with front fastening fitteds atm :? And skirties are definitely my favourite woollies.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:13 am

Ooh sell them to me Louise ;-)

But OP - you should be able to use your flip wraps over fitteds - that might be worth a try. Bamboozle stretchies are lovely and absorbent and have plenty of room in them for my chubby dd (she is too big for many btp / size 2 nappies).

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:30 am

Happy Heinys in large are pretty big pockets too.We could never use any microfibre inserts but a pocket stuffed with a ptit dessous and 2 easy peasy hemp worked for us. Fitteds are definitely more absorbent tho.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat