hf1

How do I prep new nappies/inserts?

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

How do I prep new nappies/inserts?

Postby mrstessyman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:16 pm

Ok, finally got some brand new nappies just not sure on how to prep them, do i jsut shove them in the normal nappy wash? do they have to be washed a number of times? I have modern baby pop-ins and some hemp and bamboo boosters.

If I have to wash them, do I have to do it a numebr of times, and do I have to dry between rewashing?

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: How do I prep new nappies/inserts?

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:58 pm

I just chuck new stuff in with the normal nappy wash unless it is red! I normally only wash new stuff once and then use them just remember that hemp things wont be as aborbant until it's been washed a good few times.

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:07 pm

pinkydinkydoo wrote:I just chuck new stuff in with the normal nappy wash unless it is red! I normally only wash new stuff once and then use them just remember that hemp things wont be as aborbant until it's been washed a good few times.

Thanks - I have washed and dried them once, so they are now ok to use right? Just have to bear i mind that the inserts and nappies (the nappies are bamboo) will grow more absorbent with time - is that correct?

Kerry

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Yea I would just use them but change a bit sooner than normal.

I only ever wash Anna's new things once - if at all - before using! :lol:

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:26 pm

mabo wrote:Yea I would just use them but change a bit sooner than normal.

I only ever wash Anna's new things once - if at all - before using! :lol:

He is still in disposables since my being in hospital!

I have to check his nappy regularly anyway as he is an intermittent super soaker - some days he is fine, others he is soaked through in a hour or so! (hence buying bamboo and hemp!)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat