My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Nearly done shopping already

Postby Louise » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:58 am

Mia has been in wool full time from birth and we haven't had any problems at all. I hate PUL wraps with a passion and pockets aren't great for absorbency or containment on a newborn so wool was the only option for us really. It doesn't take long to wash woollies so that wasn't really an issue here either.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:56 am

Just trying to work out how many woolies to knit in each size how many do you think louise ?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:46 am

Didn't find wollies any extra hassle to wash tbh...fill the sink and pop them in, takes me more time to sort the washing and load it tbh.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:21 am

But will be doing the washing anyway with clothes and nappies so the wool will be extra. I quite like washing wool though will be worth it I think I suppose its the idea of washing poo out of the wool I will just have to get over it :) how many woolies do you think ?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:28 am

I think around 4-5 in each size probably, maybe less when you move into mediums. Washing poo out of woollies has never really bothered me but you can always use gloves if its an issue. I use Ewe Need It soap bars for scrubbing dirty woollies, then the woolly wash afterwards. And then either spray lanolin or solid lanolin depending on when they were last lanolised properly.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:42 am

Great thanks. Better get cracking I think I am more excited about new born wool than the nappies ! And the slings I cannot wait for new born baby wearing all snuggled up with my winter baby :)

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:22 am

Wool totally took over nappies this time i really don't care about nappies lol

I'd agree with Louise 4-5 sounds fine.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: Nearly done shopping already help with list

Postby littlesez » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Just started a list on my blog as i am being a geek :lol:

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Site Supporter

Re: Nearly done shopping already help with list

Postby epsilon1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:10 pm

I'd go with wool as well except there's always the possibility that you might have a baby that's sensitive to wool/lanolin. I'd hate to be without any back-up plan if that happened! I've ordered some PUL wraps that were on clearance offer, and plan to start knitting a bit later on (not due until end Dec, so lots of time... she says!), and maybe buy a pre-made merino too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a BIG wool and merino fan for me - I could wax lyrical about its virtues, but I like to have my bases covered!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat