hf1

Nb nappies

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Nb nappies

Postby Rox » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Ooh yes well size 1s arent really newborn so should def still be fitting those. And even with boosting theyre not lasting? :(

No idea, i guess he must be a very heavy wetter. Scarlett was fine in her Tots Bots size 1s until about 4-5months i think, maybe longer - with boosting added as she needed it.

Not sure what to suggest other than more boosting maybe with something like hemp or zorb?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:30 pm

im boosting with 1LL bamboo and a BG NB insert, and they are still sodden. I think he does just pee alot! I dont think it will be that long before bgs fit... hes a big boy!

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:34 pm

I would think that you might need something more absorbent than those tbh - the BG NB insert is microfiber if i remember correctly which basically acts as a sponge so pretty useless for boosting as it just squeezes the water back out if compressed. The LL bamboo booster might not be enough on its own. Something that locks wetness away like an Easy Peasy hemp booster would be good between the nappy and the wrap, this will help lock the wetness away from his skin x

You could add the bamboo booster ontop of that too to help draw it all away towards the wrap rather than his bum.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 pm

I agree with Rox-we've been using 2 little lamb boosters since about 5-6 weeks and this lasts 2 hours usually. Zorb boosters a bit longer. I have found microfibre useless for heavy wetters.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:39 pm

oh ok, good tip! thanks x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:50 am

Did you buy them new? if so how many times were they washed because it takes 6-8 washes for them to reach full absorbency xx

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:29 am

Lauren was 6lb 11oz and fitted Teenyfits, xs BG AIO and xs Real Easy from birth. We used fitteds as well, but not as much as our AIOs.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:46 am

He's out grown his aois almost, he's 12lb now! But the aoi does seem to suit better. And yes I did buy new but they've had a fair few washes now so should be up to full absorbency

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:30 am

We couldn't get a teenyfit or bg aio to last more than an hour

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat