hf1

New to cloth, advice needed

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: New to cloth, advice needed

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:39 am

sammykins wrote:As for the FLIPs, I did look into them, but not sure if they would be a bit too bulky for a newborn? What age/weight would you say they would be best? Also, which insert would you recommend for a new baby, organic or stay dry?

Actually, I don't think I used Flips on my girls as newborns - their legs were too skinny! But they worked great from around 3 months. I used them with DD2 until she PT'd at 2.5 and I'm using them with my nearly 10 month old too. A friend of mine had a baby who was 9 lbs 7 at birth and chunky so she was able to use Flips with him straight away.

I prefer the organic cotton insert to the stay dry because I prefer natural materials. But both would be bulky on a newborn TBH.

Mothercare Smart Nappies work in a very similar way to Gnappies now I think of it and are sized too so they wouldn't be too big on a newborn. They are not the prettiest nappies (and they only come in white) but I was given a few preloved and have found them a good workhouse option for DD2.

My avatar
sammykins
Clothie
Clothie

Re: New to cloth, advice needed

Postby sammykins » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks ladies!

I have ordered a trial kit from Tots Bots with the 50% off code, so looking forward to receiving those!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat