hf1

Bambino mio

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Bambino mio

Postby ems101 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:46 am

Ive just seen a starter pack of bambino mio for £10 on sale in boots. Small sz up to 16lbs, so not huge amount of growing room for my 11lb whopper! Its the same as this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bambino-Mio-N ... 460548c769

Im heading back to town tomorrow if anyone is interested ill pick one up for them. Do people rate these? do they have good resell value? Im not sure whether to get myself one...

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Bambino mio

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 am

I was given a pack.I use the prefolds for nappy off time.Dh somehow found a wrap and put it over a tb bamboozle overnight and it really surprised me by only leaking after 6 hours and that was because the nappy was slightly sticking out around the leg.All the other cotton outer wraps we tried have wicked.I am sending my pack to neema house I think.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:19 am

resale value - no
Nappies we used as nappy off time pads not as nappies but thats because i dont like prefolds i dont get how they work without a nippa??
The wraps i liked

£10 is a good price though

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:58 am

Yup zero resale, but I really rated the wraps when the toots were little.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:15 pm

the prefolds as prefolds go are fine. the wraps are pants with a capital P. I would get it as the prefolds can be used for mopping up etc. i used to sleep on one for when stink let go mid let down :roll:

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:18 pm

As others have said, not much resale value. But you might just about get your money back on the wraps if you sell them BN on ebay The prefolds themselves I've always found prefectly functional but the wraps were beyond rubbish for us. We had major leg gape (my babies had skinny legs but still), plus the tabs don't cross over so it's difficult to get a snug fit on a newborn. Also, the PUL on the legs of the wraps holds on to stains really badly and they generally look really scruffy after just a couple of washes.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:44 pm

I was given a load-absorbancy wise they were ok actually (mine were organic though if that makes a difference), but took a good while to dry and the wraps were boring and just 'too' functional. I didn't like the fit around the legs either (my lo had massive chubby legs and it dug in) and tbh I'm not a great fan of velcro anyway because it shreds everything. But...they will deffo stand the test of time-the inserts absorbancy wise and going through the wash etc-for you and at that price, why not try them ;-) some people have used theirs for four kids!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat