hf1

OMG OMG OMG OMG

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:28 pm

Shevi wrote:oooooh! i'm just getting into wool!! do you think i can get Zacharia a hot pink one!? i really really like it!

Well, you wouldn't want to be reinforcing gender stereotypes by depriving the poor boy of pink nappies...

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:36 pm

is encouraging dolls not enough nowadays!? (but not barbies of course...i am learning that my beloved barbies are evil!!! but not as evil as bratz me thinks!)

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:47 pm

Shevi wrote:is encouraging dolls not enough nowadays!? (but not barbies of course...i am learning that my beloved barbies are evil!!! but not as evil as bratz me thinks!)

Ooooh Don't get me started on Bratz, they are evil and banned from my house!!!!! Had to give in when against my wishes all our family bought the girls barbies :evil:

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:47 pm

I dunno.

I hate that so many boy's toys are so violent. Like action man. You can't buy him without a weapon. Isaac doesn't own anything with a gun, sword, knife, or anything like that. I think it's really morbid thing to be giving a child! He has trains and building blocks and plastic food!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:28 pm

karenandgeorgia wrote:
Shevi wrote:is encouraging dolls not enough nowadays!? (but not barbies of course...i am learning that my beloved barbies are evil!!! but not as evil as bratz me thinks!)

Ooooh Don't get me started on Bratz, they are evil and banned from my house!!!!! Had to give in when against my wishes all our family bought the girls barbies :evil:

Oh can I join the Bratz hating! I cant stand them! I'm even thinking of putting on Hannahs birthday invitations 'NO BRATZ' please ~ can you do that? How could I word it??

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:59 am

pmsl Beck!!! :lol: :lol: You'd have to be careful or you might not get any of the little brats (I mean kids) show up!!!!!!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:53 am

my sis also had to relent on the barbies as people bought her daughter ones with loads of clothes and accesories, and there isn't a real equivilant to encourage...Bratz are just repulsive
i agree entirely about the violent toys, we were never allowed any swords guns or violent looking toys, (or any violent video games too). and that is certainly something i will continue with for my household. i just dont think these things shoudl be seen in the context of fun or toys, they should be seen as serious dangerous weapons, as they are. they have no fun use.
shevi

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:38 pm

Shevi wrote:my sis also had to relent on the barbies as people bought her daughter ones with loads of clothes and accesories, and there isn't a real equivilant to encourage...Bratz are just repulsive
i agree entirely about the violent toys, we were never allowed any swords guns or violent looking toys, (or any violent video games too). and that is certainly something i will continue with for my household. i just dont think these things shoudl be seen in the context of fun or toys, they should be seen as serious dangerous weapons, as they are. they have no fun use.
shevi

Isaac was given a Buzz Lightyear, first thing I did was throw away the gun! Now he calls him Buzz Bee and flys him around the place.

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:00 pm

I'm with you on the non-violent toys, DS1 never had any gun paraphenalia and neither will Jack!! Df keeps winding me up saying ooh wait till we are playing cowboys and indians with our pistols Jack, very funny Luis NOT!!!

Ericax

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat