hf1

Itti inserts disintegratring!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Itti inserts disintegratring!

Postby aimeet » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:33 am

Quite a few of myt itti inserts have startedf to disintegrate. This is on bith the tutto (bought new) and d'lish (preloved). What is causing this? I wash daily with either bold or simply at 60 then rinsew twice. I don't know why this is happening but poppers are coming off (I do unpopper before washing) its like the fabric is just falling apart! Help!

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Itti inserts disintegratring!

Postby mummy_mi » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:41 am

Oh no! Poor Ittis!

I dont use either of those powders so not sure but it does sound like the detergents are the cause! Is it happening to other nappies - especially bamboo ones? You can email Itti for help but as it's happening on new and preloved bits rather then some you bought at the same time then I doubt it will be a manufacturing issue IYGWIM.

Is it only happening in the same areas on them all? Pictures? I would buy a non bio powder and give your machine a maintenance clean to get rid of any old detergent residue and stop using the old stuff to try and stop any further damage but it's still worth contacting Itti for advice maybe x

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:52 am

I wouldnt swap to a non bio, as bio is better for nappies anyway. How long have you had them? it might be they are getting old and going threadbare

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:12 pm

I use bio myself and have never had any probs but I do know most nappy makers only recommend non bio powders as the enzymes in some/most bio detergents have been known to eat away at natural fibers - was having this discussion just yesterday! x

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Mine are all ok, we use bold wash at 60, could it be your washer

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:39 pm

I do use maintenance stuff every 3 months and every couple of weeks wash a load of towels at 90 so it souldnt be build up. I used washer balls before and am suffering from the dreaded nappy stink despite stripping. My washer is a zanussi so not a cruddy one and not cheap either. :( maybe I just kill nappies.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Eeek no idea, never happened to mine and i use Bold.

Just wondering if the nappies werent coming clean with the previous washer balls and the ammonia has affected the fabrics?

Have you done a proper strip wash on them since you've got smells?

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Yeah, have stripped recently. Wondering about rocking green amonia bouncer now. Thanks Rox

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:57 pm

How did you strip?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat