*snigger* sorry! ;)

I thought the same when i posted it :naughty:

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Itti inserts disintegratring!

Postby aimeet » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Full dose of powder and rinse till there are no bubbles. Thinling of trying scrubbing with fairy.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:29 pm

I don't understand that method at all - I don't see how adding more detergent removes old?!

I had great success with the white vinegar & bicarbonate soda method and the nappies were sparkling after and no smells or anything.

Might be worth a go?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 pm

I use soda crystals in every nappy wash to keep smells at bay :D

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Two of my itti inserts are also falling apart. I got them during last years Real Napoy Week. The tri-fold inserts are the ones affected. They have holes developing along the fold but also at the poopers (always unpoppered and given a shake to unfold before washing). Both sides of the insert is effected. I just assumed it was my washing machine being naughty although none of my other nappies or inserts (including itti) (or my clothes or towels) have been affected. I would live to know what I have been doing wrong. BTW I wash with a level spoon of Persil Bio powder.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 pm

I used ittis and bold (tablespoon) at 60 plus extra rinsing, and never had that happen. I reckon the larges were in regular circulation for about a year, they all look as new.

I'd be inclined to guess a machine or ammonia issue, but that's surely affect other nappies too?

Stripping sounds worth a go if you're having smells.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:53 am

No issues with mine-I have tonnes-both ittis and sio's but...I had a couple of preloved sio's ones which I've since sold which had the same thing. It looked like abrasion to me-wear at the edges. I don't wash at 60 personally (I use 40) but I do use bio. I thought it might be people over-loading their machine. Do contact itti bitti cs though-theyre fab x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat