hf1

Giving nappy advice

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Giving nappy advice

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:33 pm

I have been asked about cloth nappies by a mum to be and have agreed to give a nappy demo but i'm not an agent with anyone so I am taking nappies from my own stash to show her. I really want to convince this lady to go for it but I also want to show her all of her options, If I take a bamboo little lamb, a teenyfit, a tutto and a weenotion pocket will I have my bases covered? Is there anything that you would have liked to have been shown or something that would have convinced you? Any advice appreciated.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Giving nappy advice

Postby weefywoo » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Do you have bumgenius applix or easy fit? I think at first they might be more "normal" looking iygwim :giggle:

Dnt forget to take a wrap for the Fitted

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:37 pm

wipes and a wet bag or nappy bin. :wink:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:48 pm

A wash bag/net so that she can see she doesn't have to touch them when wet :wink:

It doesn't bother me now but it did when I first started!

My avatar
harrison3
Clothie
Clothie

Postby harrison3 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Fleece liners and papers liners, boosters

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:11 pm

You might scare someone off with a tutto. I love them but my partner was a bit like "what?!"

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:52 pm

weefywoo wrote:Do you have bumgenius applix or easy fit? I think at first they might be more "normal" looking iygwim :giggle:

This! Most people I kow IRL who use cloth have at least a couple of BGs in their stash. They are a favourite workhorse nappy.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:24 pm

I'd also take a wrap and wipes. Easyfits/Teenyfits are what I have been recommending to anyone who asks me mainly because that's what we have used a lot of and always got on with. You could also take a wetbag to show where you put them when you're out and about - when I was new to cloth I was not wanting to carry around stinky nappies :D

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Would it be daft (or unproductive) to take along a terry square too? :shock: They are much easier these days with nippas to fasten and using a wrap rather than plastic pants. Plus being cheap and quick to dry.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat