hf1

I think I need to stop.

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

I think I need to stop.

Postby epsilon1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:26 pm

See, I wasn't really intending to buy ANYTHING until about September. The baby's due at the end of December, so there's masses of time. But then I thought I could just get some terry squares, to practice folding. And of course I had to buy them from somewhere, so I started checking out the sites that sold them. And I saw a recommendation somewhere for this place, which of course led to more checking out of various sites (and the classifieds, ahem). And I found two big sales going on, so now I have:

12 white terry squares
8 pre-loved prefolds (4 large, 4 small)
6 coloured terry squares
20 (I think) assorted premade nappies, including 5 teenyfits, 4 easyfits, 4 sandys, 2 swaddlebees, 2 teddys, 2 imse vimses and a thirsty.
12 muslin squares
10 fleece liners
4 PUL wraps
3 nippas
2 mesh bags
1 wet bag...
and some bamboo boosters on order.

I guess at some point I'll acquire a bucket, changing bag and mat, and sort out some wipes and a few more liners, but I think that should do for now, right? I've 'only' spent about £225 so far. :lol: I have tried explaining to OH that this is doing well, but I'm not sure he's convinced yet :oops:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: I think I need to stop.

Postby chocmuffin » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:29 pm

:giggle: The tree is a lovely place to be :cnthug: BUT not good on the pennies :twisted:

I too intended on only buying 'enough' nappies I need this time round (went way over with the others) but that hasn't been the case! Even just now I got excited when I saw some nappies I like in classifieds, I have 50 newborn/size 1's already & thats not counting the 20 odd onesize nappies I have! :loopy:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:54 pm

:giggle: we all started out with good intentions :wink: :lol:

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:59 pm

It's addictive! But you can resell at the end, so really, makes no difference!

This is what I've been telling myself anyway!

:dancing:

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:25 am

Oh, and just as PROOF of what nice people post here, every single one of the people whom I've bought things from in classifieds has spelt my name correctly - never known anything like it since I worked in publishing (I have a very easily mis-spelled name).

If anyone wants to comment on what I've bought, or suggest other options that would be good to try, please do say.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat