hf1

How do you dry your nappies.

My avatar
littlequeenie
Clothie
Clothie

How do you dry your nappies.

Postby littlequeenie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 am

I'm just curious... we don't have a tumble dryer, so clothes and nappies are either on the line or on a rack in the house. We cope fine in the summer, and in the winter the heating is on so we can use the radiators... but that inbetween-y spring/autumn bit is the hardest (too damp for outside, no heating on inside...)

What solutions do you have in a small house...?

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How do you dry your nappies.

Postby sophie2198 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:44 am

Washing line or clothes horse all yr round here , I hang nappies out pretty much everytime unless its pouring with rain , or if not I have a clothes horse Infront of the airing cupboard and they go on there , yes they take longer to dry in those inbetween months but they still dry ok.

We do have a tumble dryer so they go in there for 10 mins once dry just to soften up but its not a necessity.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:49 am

In the summer and sunny day in winter spring and autume theygo out on the line and then in the dryer for a quick sofen up and in winter they go in the dryer. But whne in the flat we had no dryer and was not leaving then in tthe lardry room so use to dry over the horse and airing cupbourd to sofen slightly.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 pm

littlequeenie wrote:I'm just curious... we don't have a tumble dryer, so clothes and nappies are either on the line or on a rack in the house. We cope fine in the summer, and in the winter the heating is on so we can use the radiators... but that inbetween-y spring/autumn bit is the hardest (too damp for outside, no heating on inside...)

What solutions do you have in a small house...?

I find damp Spring/Autimn the most problematic for drying nappies for exactly the reasons you outline. However, I find that most of my nappies will dry on an insider airer within 48 hours (even the hemp ones). If I want to speed up drying time, then I put our dehumidifier on and that cuts drying time by a third at least.

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:30 pm

We use either an airer or outside washing line... We have a tumble drier but i only use it to soften up nappies with a 10min tumble when they are dry.

I put the airer in the sunniest/warmest room in the house and nappies tend to dry within 2 days.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:09 am

I have just bought one of these http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21736/Dry-Soo ... ower-Airer when the weather was really wet recently. It's handy for finishing stuff off if it doesn't dry fully outside or on a regular airer, but I wouldn't hang stuff on it straight from the machine

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:21 am

Miss_Purple wrote:I have just bought one of these http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21736/Dry-Soo ... ower-Airer when the weather was really wet recently. It's handy for finishing stuff off if it doesn't dry fully outside or on a regular airer, but I wouldn't hang stuff on it straight from the machine

we use one of these in winter and in betweenys, straight from the machine. wrap a double sheet round it as you dry and it will dry quicker! crack the windos if you are prone to damp

My avatar
DebbieP
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby DebbieP » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:00 am

Oh, am quite liking the look of that drier! We have no tumble drier, but get washing on the line at any opportunity to give it a chance to air and hopefully dry a bit quicker when it gets brought in!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:42 am

We have the Lakeland heated airer too. (Don't do tumble driers in this house :wink: )

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat