hf1

How do you dry your nappies.

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: How do you dry your nappies.

Postby emmab16 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:02 pm

I'd be interested to know with the lakeland driers how hot they get & whether they leave things a bit crunchy?

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:13 pm

My mum just got the Lakeland thing and raves about it! No crunchiness, just speedy drying. She uses it as a normal airer when it isn't switched on, cosbits such a good shape - small footprint, but tall. One day I shall have spare pennies and buy one!

For now we dry all washing outside on the line if possible, or inside on clothes horses. When we had a nappy wash to do, we washed every 2 days, and the bathroom clothes horse was exclusively for the nappy load. It took 2 days to dry, so this cycle suits perfectly.

The other clothes horses are on the upstairs landing and doing one load a day I keep on top of the wash/dry rotation. If I forget a day it gets chaotic though, cos we're overrun with wet stuff and nowhere to put it.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:15 pm

emmab16 wrote:I'd be interested to know with the lakeland driers how hot they get & whether they leave things a bit crunchy?

Things only go crunchy if they're over dried on the airer :) It gets very hot when covered.

ems101 wrote:we use one of these in winter and in betweenys, straight from the machine. wrap a double sheet round it as you dry and it will dry quicker! crack the windos if you are prone to damp

I do exactly this ^^
I open out only one side, put thicker items on the side that isn't opened out, then everything else on the opened out side and then wrap a king size fitted sheet around it. I either open a window or put on the dehumidifer - stops any potential damp issues.

Chelle x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat